Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #1

1979 30' Argosy
North Bend , Washington
Hi All! I'm a newbie :)

Hello.. I might be asking quite a bit Q'ss here as I am new.
When I use this site...is an 'Argosy' just the same as an 'Airstream'?
Or is there a special forum for an 'Argosy' on here?

*I'll give you all some history
I live in North Bend, WA.
Our home got flooded out back in January. We bought a 1979 Argosy (30ft) with absolutely NO knowledge of how anything works???
lol...there was NO owners manual NO nothing?
As you can see I need help.
I have spent the last month just getting it ready to live in and haven't started up anything...we just received the keys to the refer/hotwater heater compartments...and WoW... Iam confused??
Our home is to be ripped apart in the next few weeks and we need to get the 'Zeppelin' workin.
If anyone can set me straight as to where to go to address this problem I would appreciate it so much.
*does anyone have an owners manual that they could copy and send me... I would pay you for shipping and everything.
I just know I need to get or Zeppelin in working order before the end of the month...thanks for any and all thoughts ~ Teri
HomeZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome Teri! I'm so sorry to hear about your home - the Northwest sure has been battered this Winter! Hopefully the Argosy will prove to be a comfortable home for you while your home is repaired. Click here for the link to the Argosy section of the site. If you can't find the answers to your questions there, feel free to ask away and we'll try to help. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Don't just limit your self to the Argosy section. Most of the systems on Argosys are the same or very similar to regular unpainted Airstreams. The fridges, heating systems, plumbing tanks etc are all about the same and often identical. What was different were the shells, some cabinetry and the windows.

The first thing you may want to do is ID exactly your model is. If you have the Serial number from the trailer we can help you with this as a start. Airstream Inc has reprints of manuals available as well (shop manuals too) but you have to call the store in OH and ask - they are not on their website.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
SO sorry to here about your home. I think you will enjoy the Airstream even more after you repair your home.

I would even go to rallies in your area when you can.
Airstream people are amazing...like no other...

Welcome to the forum!

Kani
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum. I own an Argosy and I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. It's a shame you had to get into these wonderful American icons by way of a disaster; however, you have picked a winner in the 30ft Argosy. I also own an Airstream (the silver ones) and there really isn't much difference in the basic trailers. Argosys are lighter and have those great wrap-around windows. Some of the interior is not as heavy duty as the Airstream, but the appliances are pretty much the same. The Argosy should be easy to work on if you take your time and think. None of us started out knowing what we were doing (at least I didn't). You kind of learn as you go along. Don't let the trailer scare you. There's nothing you can mess up that can't be fixed. I know this for a fact.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Olympia , Washington
Welcome to the Forum. You will learn so much here! Just keep on reading.....
karanmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #7

1979 30' Argosy
North Bend , Washington
Thank you guys so much
I will read that link 'Mel' and I will get a serial # too
Juel ... you crack me up...
"Don't let the trailer scare you. There's nothing you can mess up that can't be fixed. I know this for a fact. "
* I needed that
I'll let y'all know if I need more help. "I will" !
Thanks ~ Teri
HomeZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
You have come to the right place. The people in these forums are great. It is amazing the information you can find here and if you can't find it just ask. I have learned so much in the past couple of months.

Airforums RULES!!!!!!
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Another hello from Melbourne Florida - happy to see you on the forum.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forum! This is THE place to learn all things Airstream! Each and every question one has has likely been asked before, but ~ we were all newbies once! This is a great group and you will enjoy your time here!

Sorry to hear about your home, but glad to hear repairs are soon to be underway! Smart move getting an Argosy to be in while your home is getting back in order!

You might check the rally schedule and see what is coming up in the near future (if you have any time off...) and join in! The Northwest rally group is a great bunch of folks! There is one coming up in April at Wallowa Lake... Check it out. You can still sign up, you'll just need to make your own reservations. It is always a easy and fun time. Great place to get tips and tricks about your Airstream!

Hope to see you on the road!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
My blogs: Yreka History
Siskiyou County Camping
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Centralia , Washington
I too am sorry to read about the flooding you have suffered, but must agree with everyone here, the Argosy will likely prove a great addition to your life and lifestyle.

Between these forums, an owners and service manual from Airstream I think that you will have all the information you could ever need or want.

I also second the recommendation that you check out some of the local events and would encourage you to take a look at our Washington Unit:

WA Unit Home Page
www.cameron-bailey.com
73Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote