Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Springfield , Missouri
Post Hey There!

My husband, (retired Air Force), and I have been researching 5th wheels for quite some time and realize they just aren't going to work for us. He owned a 23' Argosy years ago and really liked it. We've decided that an AS is our best choice and are thinking of pulling it with a conversion van.

We will be putting our house up for sale next year with plans to go full-timing.
We lived in the west for years and as happy as many people are here in MO, we're ready to go travelling. The ultimate goal is locating a place to live other than here in Springfield. Will be putting some stuff in storage and getting rid of the rest.......we will also be taking our 2 cats and 2 small dogs...

We're thinking about buying an older, used AS. I've started reading the conversations on this site.....it'll take me a while

We've noticed a very large and fairly new AS here in town and hope they will let us inside for a tour.

You've got a nice group of people here.........glad to meet y'all.
Marcie
motraveler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Marcie, welcome! There are quite a few threads on full-timing, so you'll have plenty to read on the topic (there is also lots of info on traveling with pets!) Good luck with your decisions, and please keep us posted on how things are going!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Belated welcome!

Marcie,
Welcome to the forums. You have probably already discovered the wealth of info here. I'm a little surprised that you haven't received a warmer welcome than this! Everyone must be busy today. Glad to have you, it's always good to have more questions to stimulate conversation and interest, and good to have input and advice.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Marcie,
Let me add my welcome. Don't know exactly what your looking for in a trailer, but I know of an '88 or '89 32' Excella for sale in the ole Springfield town. Let me know if you're interested in looking and I'll try to get you together. Good luck on your search. This is a great forum!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome Marcie. There's a lot of real good information here. Look for an upcoming Airstream rally in your part of the country. Go by there and introduce yourself. In almost all instances, you will find Airstream people friendly and helpful. Also, you should consider going by an Airstream dealer and do some window shopping.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 AM   #6

Currently Looking...
Springfield , Missouri
Thumbs up New Member Response

Thanks so much for the welcome. Great to find an AS owner here in Springfield. Will give you a call for more information on the available AS.
I'm glad we found y'all. It's so much easier talking with, and learning from, other AS people.

Marcie and Jim Nielsen
motraveler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Marcie, when you get your new AS you can take in all the USAF bases as you travel. We've got a nice camp right here at Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC.
Welcome and good luck.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #8
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Welcome Marcie & Jim from north of the border.

It's been my experience in the past that most Airstream owners are more than happy to show you their trailer off when asked.

Good luck in your search.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote