Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #1

1973 Argosy 24
Eldora , Iowa
Hello there!

Hi everyone,

I've actually been visiting here for about the last four years. I've gained much knowledge from all of you and want to extend a big THANK YOU!!!

My husband and I live on an acreage in rural Iowa. We have three children, many cats, a dog, 3 "pet" piglets (although my husband named two of them lunch and dinner), 1 horse and some chickens - the fancy kinds.

We bought our 1973 Argosy 24' almost 4 years ago and haven't made any updates yet just enjoying the way it is. Our trailer was extremely well cared for over the years so we are blessed that way as neither of us is mechanically inclined enough to make repairs ourselves. We do need to install bunks or something as child number 3 wasn't in the picture when we bought it and it only sleeps four. We'll see...

Anyway...that's enough about us.

Thanks again for your help. We'd love to meet up with you all at a rally someday!

Jenny
jomirains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the forums. We would like to see pictures of your rig, as well as some of your trips.

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Jenny, welcome! You were certainly fortunate to find your coach in such condition that you could use it right away (we had a year's worth of work to do on ours before we could camp!) Glad to have you hear and hope you post some pictures soon.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #4

1973 Argosy 24
Eldora , Iowa
Maiden Voyage

I hope this attachment worked. I'm not sure I did it right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202_1_1.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	695.6 KB
ID:	41987  
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Jenny---Your picture post can through great. Fine looking trailer and awning. Looks like the family is having a great time with the bikes and all.

Again, welcome,
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I guess naming the pigs lunch and dinner was a clue...
Welcome to the forums, your trailer looks great! If you've been cruising the site for 4 years, then I guess you aren't really new - you just don't have any rivets yet. Nice that you finally joined.
Just curious, what took so long? (if you don't mind me asking)
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #7

1973 Argosy 24
Eldora , Iowa
What took so long to join you ask?

Well, I don't really have the knowledge that you all do so I didn't feel like I had much to add. I finally decided to since we're hoping to make some renovations to the camper and wanted some input. Thanks for asking. You all really make a person feel at home! I'm excited to be part of the group.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
That's a beautiful looking Argosy and I love the awning! You are indeed fortunate to have found a trailer you could use right away- I also had a years worth of fixing before we could use it.

Good luck to you in your renovations. There are great sources for bunk beds around here depending on what you want to do. I did my own bunk bed conversion, putting my 9 y/o on top and the 2 y/o on bottom (both with guards to prevent rolling out). Starting with post #175 there are pics of what I did: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f116...-26932-13.html

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #9

1973 Argosy 24
Eldora , Iowa
Wow! That's a great bunk! I love the upholstry you have on the goucho too. Thanks for the info. I'd like to have the cushions on our dinnette redone but haven't decided yet what to do. The countertops, sink and stove are all avacodo green and although I'm not a fan of that color, they are still in great condition. I'm hoping I can find some upholstry that will complement the avacoco but not have much of that color in it. I'd also like to take the carpet out and maybe do cork.

Something else I was wondering about is the bathroom. What's anyone's feeling about taking it out? We don't use it, in fact, we have a shelf in the middle of the shower for more storage.

Thanks!
Jenny
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hi, and welcome to another midwesterner! You may have followed the Moraine View Rally threads through the years you've been reading the forum. Iowegians(???) and others from all around attend, and you'd be so welcome when they gather again next June. As for changing your Argosy, it only has to please you. If you can do without the bath and need the storage, have at it,though you might consider holding on to the bath parts in case of future resale, if someone else wanted the bath restored. Lucky you to find such a lovely Argosy ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote