Old 04-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Huntington Beach , California
Smile Jumping Into a "Bubble"

Hello Everyone

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. We have been mainly looking at older Bambis when I discovered "Bubbles". They meet what we want and look really neat. There aren't a lot for sale and I talked to several people trying to find some. I went to look at one that was totally gutted and ready for restoring but it just didn't seem right. I really like the "vintage original" look of the inside -- based only on pictures found on this site.

I looked at some on the forum and on the web and we found one that meets what we I am looking for in Texas and planning on leaving this week to go look and finalize the deal and bring her home to Huntington Beach . Bubble (need to come up with name) has been almost fully restored but keeping all the original vintage interior, even with the original heater. There are enough little projects that will allow me to get my feet wet without doing a 100% complete plunge into the deep -- which I am good at. My other half appreciates the "getting toes wet" concept. With my experience with a 1966 Bronco, one project will lead to at least 6 more. I wonder if my Bronco could pull Bubble-- maybe not safely

I'll keep you all informed of my "quest for the Bubble".

Carl and Beth

OkieHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
Huntington Beach , California
Red face Half Way There

We left this morning from Huntington Beach and drove to Las Cruces NM which puts us about half way to our final destination -- pod of whales in Texas. We should be at the pod on Friday AM to see our future Whale Tale Bubble. Will post pictures once we get there and all hooked up to TV.

Carl and Beth

OkieHB is offline   Reply With Quote