Old 01-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
irving , Texas
Hello - Kenny Lynn from Irving, Texas

I don't have a as yet but I have been looking hard and heavy prefer an vintage but would consider a 80-90s I would have to find one in good shape I don't think I have another project left in me . We have always had. Class a but I had a stroke three years ago got went on a trip fell broke my hip when my wife got me home she said sell it I will never leave town with you in it again. She couldn't drive it a felt stranded. She thinks she could pull a trailer or course I would have to be in a hearse for that to happen. I am doing very well now and ready to travel again

halftimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Welcome Kenny, I hope you have very good luck on your mission for a trailer. Um...maybe since you like to travel and have had a stroke and broken your hip and your wife doesn't like to wrestle with a big ol' machine, maybe, just maybe, a cruise would be a better option. Even '80's and '90's need work, hauling stinky slinky's, winterizing, heavy electrical cords and hoses, chasing leaks, etc. etc.
But that said, I totally understand your readiness to travel again and I think it is great that you are doing very well now. I hope you get your wish and we see you on the open road in your shiny new AS.

TV: 2007 Jeep GC Laredo diesel
Toy: 1995 Jeep YJ
Experience is what you get from not having it when you needed it.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' International
Anacortes WA , Oregon
Hi Kenny! How about, just for a start, renting a little yurt or a cabin in a state park or even a rural KOA? That will get you out there and you can think about it some more while you're sitting around the campfire, feet up, beer in hand, watching everyone else maintain their rigs!
Oregon Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
irving , Texas
We have been doing some of that renting cabins have to Biloxi twice since stroke rented house will go again this year don't think we can get house again so have reserved motel room told the wife all I going to do is sit in a easy chair why did I do rehab?i have my balance back walk with a limp can't do much with my left hand but working on it. and I like beening around rv people its like living in your old neighborhood
halftimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Dear Halftimer - I'm sorry to hear about your stroke, but happy about your attitude.

Please show this to your wife. Do not read another word yourself!

Dear Wife. Airstreaming seems to mean a lot to your husband. You could give him a great gift by learning to tow.

I'm single and 66 and I fulltime. I never towed a little red wagon behind a tricycle before I got my first Airstream. (I lost my ex 20 years ago - sweetest BOY I ever knew, but his zipper kept falling down in the presence of marginally attractive females and I guess I was just a bit too fastidious and cowardly to face up to the risks).

If you're lucky enough to have a good MAN, you might want to really fight your fear and learn to tow. Could you give him a gift that would give him more quality of life?

Take a course from a local truck driving school: don't let your husband try to teach you or you could become a widow when you show him where he can put the trunnion! Once you learn, carry duct tape. Have him fold his hands in prayer, apply duct tape. Place duct tape over lips. You are now ready to tow!

If the former suggestion isn't enough? Would you like something like new furniture or a kitchen remodel and have him owe you BIG TIME... well learning to tow earns you the title:

SWMBO - she who must be obeyed

Just a thought. But seriously I do understand all your fears, had every one of them myself. It took me only about 3 days to feel, not exactly comfortable, but like I was on the road to being there. I still joke that I have delusions of adequacy.

Sincerely, Paula
Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member
2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
None in the 80's--90's year range but a gently used Interstate sounds like the perfect solution to this dilemma. Price range allowing of course.........

When I bought my first trailer, not only had I never towed, but I had no vehicle to get it home !!!! When my time for no more towing comes I plan to revert to the above solution....
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
bonita springs , florida
Welcome to the forum
sophie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #8
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We toured the country in our free time for 35 years in a series of VW Camper vans. Nothing is easier to manage and the newer camper vans have what you need to travel with ease. Many companies have been converting them for many years, Airstream and Roadtrek are popular.

Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote