Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #1

2006 19' International CCD
wickford , Rhode Island
Hello....introduction

Good evening all, my husband and I have purchased our first trailer. Our 2006 19' Bambi International CCD will be delivered to us sometime this week and needless to say we are very excited.
We have not yet decided on a TV and are doing massive research which can be daunting at times, as I'm sure you all know!

We have been living aboard our 42 Krogen trawler for 6 years which has made us expert at compact living.
We will keep her at our marina untill we buy our tow vehicle. It seems that many of the systems, boat and trailer are somewhat similar which gives us some confidence. I have already been reading through posts and anticipate this forum's helpfull support.
We have two Chihuahuas(6 lbs and (9 lbs) who love to travel by boat or car. The pic you see at left is of Eddie, my male who posed for this cookbook for Chihuahua rescue!

Best Regards, Cyn

Old 07-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinzia
Good evening all, my husband and I have purchased our first trailer. Our 2006 19' Bambi International CCD will be delivered to us sometime this week and needless to say we are very excited.
We have not yet decided on a TV and are doing massive research which can be daunting at times, as I'm sure you all know!

We have been living aboard our 42 Krogen trawler for 6 years which has made us expert at compact living.
We will keep her at our marina untill we buy our tow vehicle. It seems that many of the systems, boat and trailer are somewhat similar which gives us some confidence. I have already been reading through posts and anticipate this forum's helpfull support.
We have two Chihuahuas(6 lbs and (9 lbs) who love to travel by boat or car. The pic you see at left is of Eddie, my male who posed for this cookbook for Chihuahua rescue!

Best Regards, Cyn
Welcome to the group you are in the right place to find out all the information you will need. You will find the Trawler and the Bambi do have a lot in common. You will find It much easier to deal with life in a trailer than on the Trawler. Many of the systems are the same and a few of the parts are the same. Fresh water tanks and pumps, stoves and son on. The trailer is not nearly as complicated as your trawler. Planning trips is easier and waiting on weather is not such a problem. My family and I were just on vacation in Arkansas and had some heavy rain; I pulled into a closed gas station under the covered pumps and ate lunch, didn’t really have to but chose to. Had I been on my Sailboat I would have had to shorten sail and ride out the weather? Many more places to go and a lot of friendly people. The best of luck with the new trailer and let everyone know what you are doing and what you think of your unit, everyone here loves their Airstreams and like to hear reports on what others are doing, I am always learning something new.

Jim

1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
A very good day Cyn and welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the new CCD, my wife and I currently own the same model and spent yet another fantastic weekend in it. I think you will absolutely love the trailer and your time in it. Make sure you take a bunch of time during delivery to make sure it is just right.

In terms of tow vehicle, you will open the proverbial can of worms with the very mention of it. We tow very successfully with a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder over mountains, passes, bridges, rain, snow, and whatever else mother nature has thrown our way. You don't need to overtow the 19' but if you plan on expanding your airstream size in the future, definitely factor that in.

Congrats and enjoy!
brad, nicole, spokes, and ?

We raised over 1.3 Million dollars for Cancer Reseach this year. Great job team!!
bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
CONGRATS,

Welcome to the club. Goodluck on the TV, with the 19' you have many options. Keep in mind that a lot of first time trailer owners trade up or down in size after some time, so make sure that your TV is flexible enough to handle a size change.

Have fun.