Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2006, 06:22 AM   #1

Kyle , Texas
Talking Hello hello

Hello everyone.
I guess I'm not a conventional member of the forum here... I don't own an Airstream, but my grandparents have been Airstreamers for what seems to be my whole life (I'm in my 30s). I'll probably be issued my Airstream when I retire (that's how it works...right?).

Actually... I hear that Airstreamers are coming in all ages these days...so my "Airstream Dream" may be closer than I think...

I just thought this was an interesting place... so I thought I'd jump in.
Howdy.
SeanClaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanClaes
Hello everyone.
I'll probably be issued my Airstream when I retire (that's how it works...right?)."
Welcome to the forums. I do not think you are non-traditional, you may be surprised at how many, like you, there are reading these forums. I have children in their thirties and both of them eye the Airstream. My son especially will make comments like:"When I inherit the Airstream I will do this or that." It is when they start making comments about my health that I get concerned!
Stay with us, keep reading and join in once in awhile.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
Welcome to the forums.

Anytime is great time to get an Airstream. We started with an Argosy Minuet when we were in our late 20's, and haven't been without an AS product since.

Obviously, you have the right 'genetics' thanks to your grandparents!

Hope you have a great time on the forums - enjoy!

jim
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Welcome,

But be cautious it is catching and before you know it you have bought one and then you want two. We bought our 75 in November of last year and just love working on it. We are in our late 30's also. The rally's that are close to us are all older Airstreamers but we are finding most of our generation are going with the vintage. You know the retro and cool look. Good luck since you are here you may already have the bug.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Happening to me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
My son especially will make comments like:"When I inherit the Airstream I will do this or that." It is when they start making comments about my health that I get concerned!
Chaplain, it's my sister and even her three kids.... I to am getting comments about "who are you going to leave the Airstream to..."

I know it's just that they all really like Tin Lizzie and know realistically that she should outlast me, but still it is just a tad morbid isn't it?

All right family: I pledge that if I win the lottery it's Airstreams for Everyone!

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
This is why

This is why I have numerous Airstreams, so that my kids (2 right now) and only two Airstreams at the moment, do not end up fighting. So, I guess I need to have a few more kids..to justify getting more Airstreams... I haven't thought of this reason to feed my obsession...but a good one! At only 36, it is hopefully premature. My kids, only 4 and 2, love the Sovereign of the Road...and it will be around when the time does come... http://sweetsovereign.blogspot.com Don't you think so?

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
My husband was very sceptical about the whole RVing thing, and admittedly we have seen a lot of retirees on the road. But still, the Airstream has been the best thing we ever bought. We love our weekends away in it, get together with friends (young and old), and while it's sitting in the driveway it reminds us of campouts to come. I'm glad we started at 32 - I wouldn't want to have missed all this fun by waiting until retirement!

What are you waiting for? go get your Airstream!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #8

Kyle , Texas
Thanks for the warm hello.
Speaking of getting my own Airstream... Actually, my grandparents have one their getting ready to sell... I may be interested... it's a 1997 34' Excello (that just barely makes sense to me)...

All I know is it's a pretty sweet one. Of course I'd need to hit the road.. maybe I should quit my job and do a Charles Karult thing.

SeanClaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #9

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Gosh, in a 34' AS, I imagine it would be just like living at home!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
I bought my first airstream when I was 29 You don't have to wait until you retire to start enjoying camping in airstreams.
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote