Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #1

1976 Argosy 26
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Hello Hello

Hello my name is Caleb and live in Albuquerque New Mexico. I am excited to say that I just purchased a 1976 Argosy 26' that I'm planning on doing a decent remodel to. I was very thankful to find that this site exists.

I'm doing all my research and plans now and am looking for some direction on where to start. I would like to start from the ground up, probably with the floor and electrical.
Calebchvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Central , Oklahoma
Hello

Welcome to the forums.
Hiwheel Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hi Caleb, greetings from central Kentucky, welcome to the forum.

If you look in the "Forums" drop down button, just below the Air Forums box in the upper left corner of the screen, there is a technical section of all the restoration areas. Post your questions there, I'm sure you'll get some answers and advice.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
1968 30' Sovereign
Salt Lake City , Utah
Welcome! Join us in the Four Corners Unit!
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jimbreitinger/
utahredrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Caleb,

Welcome to the forums and to the project phase of vintage Airstreaming. We have found the folks here very experienced and willing to share information. As you read through the threads you'll start to know what questions to ask.

Many here will recommend to start by making the trailer safe first, then make it campable, then make it your own.

Safe means make sure the running gear (frame, axles, bearings, brakes, safety chain, hitch coupling, exterior lights, emergency brake switch and power, etc. work as intended).

Campable means the interior systems you want and need work correctly (propane appliances - no propane or exhaust leaks, plumbing no leaks, fresh and waste tanks hold liquids, water pump works, electrical 120 v and 12 v work, layout for sleeping camping etc. works for you).

Make it your own is about the colors and decor and fabrics and flooring and the personal touches you want.

At first you'll be in a "discovery phase" while you figure out where you are starting. With luck, your new trailer is already safe and campable, but you'll want to verify that through inspection.

This part is fun, too, so enjoy.

Here's a link to our latest project thread, if you're interested; https://www.airforums.com/forums/f39...er-155180.html

Keep us posted on your progress,

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote