Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2016, 06:12 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Augustine , Florida
Hello from the Road/New member

So I currently travel the country as a commercial automotive photographer in a 40ft Country Coach Magna and I'm downgrading(size not quality) Wednesday morning to a 2016 interstate twin. The wife and dog traveled with me for over a year so we felt we needed a ton of living space.
She just recently took a job in Florida, and the bus started seeming like alot of room for just one person so after three months on the road we went looking at class C and B motorhomes. I fell in love with the first airstream interstate I actually looked at and drove. My wife is more on the practical side so we went all over florida looking at other options we even filled out the paperwork on a Winnebago era that had a great price on it but the dealership gave us a insulting offer on our trade so we walked out went back to the first dealer and we take delivery Wednesday morning of the first one we looked at. Since I'm off the road this week all I've done is browse airstream forums,websites,and magazines all day............ I definitely feel like I made the right choice. I'm posting this today as I'm cleaning out the old coach and getting rid of a ton of stuff I never use, and making a small pile that's called necessities hahahaha. Before anyone gives me the good luck getting use to the shock of smaller living I use to travel for work in a customized 1964 Corvair van for four years and 170,000+ miles. Look forward to spending more time on the forum in the future

John Jackson
www.NotStockPhotography.com