Hello everyone! I have a 75 tradewind that I've been renovating over the last five years. I've learned a lot of lessons over that time and I've spent countless hours reading the forums. I spent almost an entire summer under my trailer removing the belly pan, scraping and por15 rust painting and before ordering new skins and replacing. one tip, I used small gauge roofing screws with a foam washer to secure the belly in most area's instead of rivets for easy access later...trust me, there will be a later!
I've replaced the axles and tires. Removed all of the interior wall panels at the front along with the olympic rivets that were leaking which caused a large section of floor to rot. Before replacing the floor I applied ecopoxy over all sides and top of plywood before installing to waterproof.
Recently, I have been learning how to buck rivet (solid buck rivets to replace the olympics I removed) and then I'll re-insulate with prodex foil insulation and replace the wall panel so maybe we can finally go camping!!
When you begin renovating an Airstream trailer it can sometimes feel like you're peeling back layers of an onion...you often find something new that needs repairing you never expected!
Good luck to everyone in your restoring efforts and don't forget to wear some eye protection!