Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
West Yellowstone , Montana
Hello from Montana

I am proud to be the new owner of a1995 28 ft Excella. Air forums were a valuable resource for me while deciding which model, size, and options best suited my needs. I looked for 5 months before winning my AS on eBay. We placed our winning bid 47 seconds from the end of the auction positive that we would be outbid. We weren't. The reality that I'd just bought an Airstream that lived 1500 miles away without ever stepping foot into it was unnerving, but I spoke with its owner immediately after the auction and he assured me that I'd done well for myself. The owner was good enough to store it for me for three weeks until I could get to Michigan for pick up. I couldn't have been happier with the condition of the trailer upon first sight. He spent and hour explaining the basic AS systems and towing info before sending me back west with a smile on my face. I'd never towed anything bigger than an 18 ft boat and was on I 80 south of Chicago 2 hours later. I drove for four hours before stopping at my first ever RV park where I promptly opened a beer and the owners manual in that order. I got plugged in, turned on the heat, ordered a pizza and took a long shower in the trailer. I love my Airstream and hope to get lots of use out of it. I have no doubt that the forums will continue to play a major role in my understanding of Airstreams and the culture they have created. Thanks for being here! Best, Pat.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Welcome!

It's great to hear of a good eBay trailer purchase experience. (And congrats on the 47 second snipe - the best way to bid.) This is indeed a great community and a fabulous source of wisdom for those older trailers that have long passed out of warranty.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

SUN CITY , Arizona
Congrats on getting your bid. It is tough to time it just right--still haven't gotten the hang of it but someday hope to be the winning bidder on my own AS.
scrazyp is offline   Reply With Quote