Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Sandstone , Minnesota
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
Hi beLeeZ, Gee you know Colorado quite well. The Minnesota winters are pretty, and go by more quickly when we have winter activities like ice fishing, cross country skiing, hockey, snowmobiling, and the like. Colorado mountain winters are also pretty and much snowier, but not a cold. I loved being in the woods on my skis in the winter. So quiet!

We moved here as both of our grown sons moved here. They don't know it yet but the plan is for them to watch out for us when we get old and frail. Let's see, what assisted living spot should we pick for Mom and Dad? And how do we tell Dad he ain't driving anymore? Here is our Airstream on Granby Lake just down the road from Grand Lake. There is so much of Colorado to explore.

I suspect you are a close knit family. Yes, Airstreams for all and we will do family caravaning. Like ours, your Airstream can be a "family jewel" passed down from one generation to the next. Find the right Airstream for your family and hit I-35 southbound for a few weeks to make the winter shorter.

PS I don't tow the Airstream on snow or ice covered roads.
What a beautiful spot! My mom has always said there is something special about the Colorado Mountain air! I can't wait to spend summers out there with our family.

I have lots of work I need to be doing, but I'm having too much fun looking for the 'perfect' Airstream for us. There are so many to choose from. Redo a vintage one or buy a newer one and make it ours? Get one thats smaller and simple, or one that is bigger with more room? We can't make up our minds yet!

Its sounds like you have the right idea and a good plan. I hope our boys will do lots of family caravanning with us coming up, and keep track of us as needed!

BeLeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
There is no need to rush into an Airstream decision. Take your time. The vintage ones are more maintenance, the newer ones more expensive. I believe you will find something you like.

Enjoy the beautiful Minnesota fall season. Very special indeed. The mosquitoes are gone!

dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote