Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Land Yacht Haven, Melbourne, FL is an Airstream Park. Located in a non busy area just six miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The rates are very reasonable, the park is run by volunteers and it is pet free. Some may find this not to their liking however the park is a great place for Michiganders to escape the dregs of winter. Google it !!

Richard
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
2001 31' Limited
1985 29' Sovereign
Jenison , Michigan
We have been members of Holiday Park Campground in Traverse City, MI for over 20 years. When our AS is not on our site, that campsite is available for anyone with any type of rv to rent for a day, week or a month. We also have many sites that are park owned, that are ready to rent. To become a member, one has to (1.) purchase a membership and (2.) own and reside in an AS of any kind and year. At the present time, the only way to purchase a membership is to buy one from someone who wants to sell. Everyone is WELCOME........come and visit!
62bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Don & Mary,
Welcome! I'm planning a trip this summer that includes the AS park in MN and on to MI UP. I will be going to the Wilds of Ohio from there but will have to see if your AS park is on the way. Hope the park is giving you a commission on all the new rigs you bring in. I'm a retired RN who is really enjoying retirement as I know you both will be doing when the time comes. Keep posting.
Myrna
TAC; CA-3
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Ok 62 Bam
Maybe you can answer the question I asked eariler. Is HOLIDAY Park Campground open to visitors or is it members only. I have relation in Traverse City and would like to visit this summer.
Thanks
ROGER
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
2001 31' Limited
1985 29' Sovereign
Jenison , Michigan
Holiday Park Campground is OPEN TO EVERYONE. We have visitors camping in everything from small tents to huge rv units. We are located on the shores of beautiful Silver Lake....great boating, fishing and swimming. The campground is located about 5 miles S. of Traverse City, MI.
62bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Thanks 62 BAM
AN old truck driver friend of mine live in the area and he is gittin up in yrs and I would like to visit him. Thanks for the info.
ROGER
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #27
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
Mikethefixit, 62bam answered well and I'd only like to add that membership in the association requires owning an airstream. From my vantage point, the park has a much different personality in the shoulder seasons before and after summer, which adds to the flavor. Check it out, but call ahead for reservations mem day thru labor day.
RecLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
pilgrim, I checked that park out online, after staying in Outdoor Resorts in Melbourne. I really like that area and plan to visit again. We are dog people, 30 years of Springers and now a Golden, so I guess that leaves the park off our list. Not to toot any horns or rain on the parade of others, but when we travel the DW and I are attracted to more of the camping set, for example, state parks and national campgrounds than the tightly packed, everybody knows everybody, resort atmosphere. I suppose that's why we're looking for a 25 foot second unit, so that we can negotiate forested sights that might limited a larger trailer. Just like to RecLoose.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
LuvRVing, we took a 40th anniversary trip in our Scamp 16 from Grand Rapids to Bayfield, Wi, to Grand Marais, Mn., then to Door County, Wi. (PGA Championship) last summer. What a blast. I don't know about Mn. airstream park, put Grand Marais, Mn. has a municipal park and is highly recommended. Gets very busy at their annual Fisherman's Picnic in August and one must get reservations in January. What a harbor. If you kayak, you are required to get a Mn. watercraft sticker for anything over 9ft. We were there about 4 days and had to wait for some wind to subside to paddle around the harbor. As we were setting up, a DNR officer introduced himself and asked if we were planning to go out, we couldn't go without a sticker. Kind of burst our bubble. Prior to this moment, we drove the Gunflint trail just north of the town, seeing a cougar and moose mom and baby along the way, and also yaked around one of the adjacent lakes. The area gave us one of our better life experiences. Maybe the best part for me, being a fly fisherman was passing the the "Ugly Baby Bait and Tackle" outfitter. Kind of a shocking moniker, but memorable. Enjoy your leisure time, as an RN you deserve the best.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
Minno, please see above post. Love your state, but I've seen enough snow and cold rainy days to last me a lifetime. I used to say that crummy weather would give us more of the campground to ourselves, now I have to admit that 60 degrees is the new 40 degrees for the two of us. I wish I could better live around the statement that "there's no bad weather, just bad equipment."
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
GlobeTrottin, we've been to that park, too. Great place and worth the drive. We bike SW of there and swim the dog at Christmas Cove as well as kayak. Check that place out, you won't regret it.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
grand rapids , Michigan
dowpells, yup the "island" is one of God's most wonderful places to me. I've walked, run, and in-line skated that area clockwise and counter-clockwise a ton of times since we started visiting the campground in America's Bicentennial year. Those lots turn over every once in a while and fetch a good rate.