Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
LuvRVing, we took a 40th anniversary trip in our Scamp 16 from Grand Rapids to Bayfield, Wi, to Grand Marais, Mn., then to Door County, Wi. (PGA Championship) last summer. What a blast. I don't know about Mn. airstream park, put Grand Marais, Mn. has a municipal park and is highly recommended. Gets very busy at their annual Fisherman's Picnic in August and one must get reservations in January. What a harbor. If you kayak, you are required to get a Mn. watercraft sticker for anything over 9ft. We were there about 4 days and had to wait for some wind to subside to paddle around the harbor. As we were setting up, a DNR officer introduced himself and asked if we were planning to go out, we couldn't go without a sticker. Kind of burst our bubble. Prior to this moment, we drove the Gunflint trail just north of the town, seeing a cougar and moose mom and baby along the way, and also yaked around one of the adjacent lakes. The area gave us one of our better life experiences. Maybe the best part for me, being a fly fisherman was passing the the "Ugly Baby Bait and Tackle" outfitter. Kind of a shocking moniker, but memorable. Enjoy your leisure time, as an RN you deserve the best.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Minno, please see above post. Love your state, but I've seen enough snow and cold rainy days to last me a lifetime. I used to say that crummy weather would give us more of the campground to ourselves, now I have to admit that 60 degrees is the new 40 degrees for the two of us. I wish I could better live around the statement that "there's no bad weather, just bad equipment."

Old 04-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
GlobeTrottin, we've been to that park, too. Great place and worth the drive. We bike SW of there and swim the dog at Christmas Cove as well as kayak. Check that place out, you won't regret it.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
dowpells, yup the "island" is one of God's most wonderful places to me. I've walked, run, and in-line skated that area clockwise and counter-clockwise a ton of times since we started visiting the campground in America's Bicentennial year. Those lots turn over every once in a while and fetch a good rate.