Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
1972 31' Sovereign
Augusta , Maine
Hello from Maine

Hi folks - yet another noob for you. It is with great pleasure that I join this group, because like many others, I've finally realized the long-time dream of living free in an Airstream. Well, after I gut and remodel it. I bought this 1972 Sovereign in October. The interior is trashed, and that's okay with me.

Though I am 53 years old, female and uneducated about Airstreams, I've done a great deal of residential deconstruction and repair. Also a furniture maker and well-equipped power tool owner, I am confidant (sometimes) that this is a project well within the scope of my abilities.

In Maine, there is a network of people I refer to as "The Maine Good Guys." They are the guys who carry chains in their truck in the winter so they can stop and pull people out of snow banks. They are plumbers, electricians, propane experts and more, who bend over backwards to save you money and do a wonderful job. Best of all, they refer you to guys just like them who do other work. So in that respect I'm all set.

The resources on this site will be invaluable, and I apologize in advance for the barrage of questions sure to follow.

Thank you, and pleased to meet you!

Brandegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Ask away; we're all ears. We visit Baxter State Park and the North Maine Woods every year.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Welcome Brandegor,

Glad to have you with us. There's a tremendous willingness to share information, experiences and helpful tips here. We hope you find your time among us fun and welcoming.

I'm familiar with the "Maine Good Guys" as we do a good bit of work in Portland, Pittston, and Hollis Center. Will be back up that way in February for a project then (hopefully) a few days of skiing and snowboarding.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Well howdy and welcome to Brandegor! I worked in Maine for a summer back in '07 and loved it. I came to find restaurant love for The Maine Diner.

I think that the attitude that you describe for The Maine Good Guys is prevalent here, too. It takes the form of giving you great information and more on things you couldn't find out about anywhere else, and they know a lot about Airstream trailers, too!

We look forward to seeing lots of interior and exterior pictures of your Beached Whale on here soon!
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1973 25' Tradewind
Ringoes , New Jersey
hello and

Welcome to the forums, yes we would love to see pics. I responded to your ad for the fridge, I now see your in Augusta. Thats at least a 7 hour drive from here in NJ, but I'll make it if it's cool to get it a little later in spring 2011. I have a very good friend in Friendship Maine, she retired there, she vacationed there for many many years (as I do) and she knew that's where she wanted to be. It's so beautiful there. I have not yet been to Baxter, but will get there soon. I love Acadia Park and have been there a dozen times. Wer'e ready to help so keep your questions comming. MPJ
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote