Hello from Illinois
Super exited and absolutely have the Airstream Bug. Just purchased a 1971 25' Trade Wind. Waited a long time and believe I found the Gem that I have been looking for.
We are a Family of 4 and love the outdoors. Our goal is to take the kids to every National park before they turn 18.
So the Trailer, well she is beaut in my eyes but defiantly needs some work. I noticed some floor rot near the channel on the right front corner when you walk through the door. PO, pulled the carpet and put down laminate flooring which was easily pulled up during inspection. here is a list of other things I found.
1. All the windows and glass work perfectly, but the seals all need to be replaced to keep the water out.
2. The access door by the univolt is broke, think its the hinge but not sure on how it secures in place. Love to see pictures or hear how to fix it,
3. The bathroom is getting gutted, I can feel rot when I open the rear hatch on the bumper. What a terrible design it was!!
4. Replacement converter has been ordered, original is in place but don't want to waste time on it.
5. PO removed the front sofa/ sleeper. Fresh start to build a dinette/sleeper.
6. Axles are original but pulled like a dream.
Other wise its all there and in decent shape.
I looked and jumped on the rear bumper to look for Separation and it was solid. Going to pull the belly pan soon and expose. Hopefully I don't find to much frame rot.
Hopefully I can show some pictures as soon as I get a few post under my belt.
Any owners of similar make and model I would love to hear from you and your experiences you have had.