Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #15
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
We have a 2005 25FB, named Lucy. We have had her about 4 1/2 years and have spent 780 nights in her. We have towed her 70,000 miles. We love camping in Lucy and have been all over the US. We have not tired of the experience. Lucy has held up well in this relatively heavy use.

I've been thinking those miles are about the life-limit on a square white box.

To the OP: welcome (lived 50-years in Dallas), and be sure to investigate the many trailer plans offered by A/S over the years. The changes seem small, but some reading around may show the setup you really want. New and used, don't be afraid to travel . . the trailer you really want may be in AZ, or TN . . . .

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #16

Currently Looking...
Frisco , Texas
Traveling around to other cities and states would definitely not be a problem. I know if we were to buy used we would need to be flexible and open minded about how far we may have to go.
If we were to buy new, I would love some info on experiences with dealerships either in Texas or near Texas. If anyone has info of ones that have stood out I'd love to know and you can private message me.
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. It is nice to see the ideas that people have. Thank you all for being so willing to share your knowledge and experiences.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Open Road , USA
Hi Katherine,

I don't think I've been around long enough to welcome others, but welcome anyway!

If you're looking at a used trailer or even new for that matter, I think this recent thread, especially this post has a lot of good advice I wish I would have had back when I first started.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
PM's sent....
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
Hi KATETX,
My wife and I have been airstreaming for 8 years now...we did exactly what you did eight years ago...we saw the airstream...and it was airstream only for us...I did not want to spend $$$$ for a new airstream...I found the airforums website...started shopping....our first trailer ...88excella 34' we kept her seven years...saw an ad this year for a 99 excella 34' ...we went to St. Louis MO and bought her...I don't know if its just me , but, I believe that airstream owners take extremely good care of their units...my only suggestion...is...Check out some of the upcoming unit rallies and pick one to visit...the folks will be more than happy to talk airstream with you...what size?...tow vehicle? is the price appropriate? etc.etc...
See you down the road...
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
San Antonio , Texas
Hello from San Antonio, not traveling to Vancouver

My first interest in airsteams came when I went to an RV show. We wanted to downsize from our 5th wheel RV.
However, I got sticker shock from the price of a new one.

I posted on the forum about the process of buying one.
Please see:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...r-b-c-73808.ht
Old 02-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by katetx
Traveling around to other cities and states would definitely not be a problem. I know if we were to buy used we would need to be flexible and open minded about how far we may have to go.
If we were to buy new, I would love some info on experiences with dealerships either in Texas or near Texas. If anyone has info of ones that have stood out I'd love to know and you can private message me.
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. It is nice to see the ideas that people have. Thank you all for being so willing to share your knowledge and experiences.
We bought our 27' International from Camper Clinic II near Austin Texas last November. PM me if you would like comments re that dealer.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Our original 1986 34' trailer is up for sale by our friends that bought it back in 2003. It is a well cared for trailer and is located in Hico TX. Our friends have it listed for sale on eBay. We loved it and hated to sell it, just needed a wide-body trailer at the time.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Bemidji , Minnesota
Addiction

I know what you mean. Me and my wife bought ours 3 years ago and knew nothing about them and now I'll own nothing but them...lol!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
We are on the other side of W.Falls from you in Altus full timing. Search the classifieds in these forums for a good deal. There is another site called 'Vintage Airstream Forums'. An older model like ours is perfect plus the older models are funner to polish. Good luck looking around for your Aluminum Quest. Billy