Old 10-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #1

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Miramar Beach , Florida
Hello From Florida

Hello everyone. My wife and I are very excited to become part of the family for the first time and the second time all in the matter of a few months.

Let me explain.

We bought our first Airstream, 16 Ft Bambi Sport, back in late March of this year. We were able to go on four weekend trips to test everything out. We loved everything about her except for the sleeping arrangements. Both of us are on the shorter side, but still found it difficult to get a good nightís sleep. I toss and turn a lot and she felt as though she had to lay under the sheets as if she was in a cocoon. Then of course getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom meant possibly climbing over each other. Even with this set-up, we decided to keep it and maybe one day think about stepping up to a bigger unit. Well that one day was on 7 August, when a tourist decided to smash our little Bambi. They pulled into our parking lot (we live in a condo) with their U-Haul pulling a car trailer loaded with a car. They then decided to unhook the car trailer from the truck (mistake #1) and without any chalks (#2) began to unload the car (#3). Yes, I know what all of you are saying, WTH?. Oh, Did I mention the parking lot is sloped for water drainage.

Yep you guessed it, as soon as he started to move his car the trailer stood up and with they started sliding down the hill until it slammed into our brand new trailer crushing the driverís side front of the trailer. So long story cut short, after all the haggling back and forth with insurance and dealers, we decided we did not want a repaired trailer and decided to trade Bambi in for a new 25 FT Flying Cloud Rear Twin Bed. We are picking her up Friday Oct 10 in Mississippi. The plan is to spend the night at the Foley Airstream Dealer in the new one and then we are camping at the Mississippi state park the next two nights. I have been following these forums and learning a lot from them the past few months and finally decided to introduce myself and co-pilot. Jennifer and I are just weekenders for now and look forward to meeting a lot of you at some of the events and rallies.

Joe

Peykojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Welcome !!!

Sorry about your loss .... errr ... happy for your gain

I think you will like the sleeping arrangements in the twin a lot better !!!! The larger tanks in the 25 also will come in handy if you are out and about for a while.

The 25' is a bit more trailer than the 16'. Is your tow vehicle up to the challenge or is it getting "renewed' as well?

======

You *might* think about a new storage location ....

Bob

uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Welcome, you chose wisely!

Come visit at Canopener in January!
It's just down the street from you at the wonderful Topsail Hill State Park!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The Canopener at Topsail *does* seem to be a pretty popular event. A number of people have recommended it.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from Santa Rosa Beach

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the Bambi. Hope that your new 25 is trouble free.

We are close by on 30A. Give us a holler if you need any help.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you as a participating member. There always seems like there is something to learn and share.

We also like the twin beds as it allows for better sleeping for each of us. And the 25' is a really popular model for good reason.

Like Uncle Bob said, sorry for your loss and happy for your gain!

Happy trails!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County , North Carolina
Welcome to the AirForums!
You will love the 25'
Old 10-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #8

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Miramar Beach , Florida
Thank you everyone for the community welcome.
We had a great weekend picking up our new 25 FC RBT. We spent the night at the dealer under an overhang, felt kind of awkward but we managed to spend the night making sure everything worked. No issues. We were lucky enough to be in Mississippi on a weekend called Cruisin the Coast. They had over 6000 registered classic vehicles all over the area, it was pretty awesome to see all the cars and meet some of the owners.

Anyways, we spent the next two nights camping and enjoying the tremendous amount of new space we did not have before. The twin beds are great, we were able to sleep all night comfortably.The drive home today was nice and easy, no issues.

@uncle_bob - My TV is an F150 Ecoboost with a Blue Ox sway control. I have actually weighed the tongue/each axle of the FC and my TV axles, I have enough capacity but will be limited with additional cargo in the bed of the truck. I will admit once we get things settled out with having to take a beating trading in our Bambi and purchasing a second Airstream in 6 months, we will begin looking for an upgrade.

@Mollysdad and Moosetags - Thanks for the invite to the Canopener, we are definitely putting this event on our calendar. Even though it is fully booked we will still come out to see and meet everyone.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, see all of you in the other forums.

Joe

Peykojoe is offline   Reply With Quote