Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
WOMAN OF THE FUTURE

1978 28' Argosy 28
Chicago , Illinois
Arrow Hello from C-H-I-C-A-G-O

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend Johnny and I run a multimedia production company, NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS. We produce websites, videos, software, and live events.

We are taking our life and work (and dog) on the road this fall in a 28ft 1978 Airstream Argosy Motorhome, which our friends (who are professional metalsmiths, engineers, and fabricators) are helping us renovate at the moment. We are very lucky to have some exceptionally talented hands on deck to help us redesign this beast!

Our plan is to head WEST as soon as the thing is once again habitable. We hope to hit Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, and Nevada on our way to California, where we plan to spend the Winter. Then onto New Mexico and Texas... and then who knows!

You can follow along with the restoration process on my personal Flickr and Vimeo accounts.

We also plan on blogging and vlogging throughout our adventures, natch! We are currently working on getting the travelblog up ASAP. Will let you know the URL when we launch.

Oh, and we were referred to these forums by Brad Cornelius, whose Member Name I don't know yet, but who found me posting things for sale on the Chicago Craigslist and who was nice enough to reach out to me and offer some very useful travelerly advice. (Thanks, Brad!)

OK, I think I've given a sufficient introduction. Look forward to meeting everyone - online and on the road!

Angeline
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome! It's sounds like a great adventure. this is a great place for info on your restore and also parts,where to find them etc. Have fun and enjoy your trip!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hey, Angeline & Johnny, welcome to airforums.com!

OK, we need to see some shots of your TT now, you folks being a multimedia production company and all. I mean, what were you waiting for, a request? Well here it is!!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
WOMAN OF THE FUTURE

1978 28' Argosy 28
Chicago , Illinois
Our TT?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Oops. sorry! There are a few acronyms you will run into here. These ones are the most common ones that I can remember:

TT = Travel Trailer
AS = Airstream
TV = Tow Vehicle
WBCCI, TAC = Airstream clubs
SOB = Square Old Box (i.e. not an Airstream)

Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Oops. sorry! There are a few acronyms you will run into here. These ones are the most common ones that I can remember:

TT = Travel Trailer
AS = Airstream
TV = Tow Vehicle
WBCCI, TAC = Airstream clubs
SOB = Square Old Box (i.e. not an Airstream)

Hope this helps.
For a larger list of Airforums acronyms look here. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...tml#post794022

Welcome to the forums angeline.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
WOMAN OF THE FUTURE

1978 28' Argosy 28
Chicago , Illinois
Aha! Thanx for clarifying.

I included links to our Flickr and Vimeo pages in my first post (where I'll be hosting most of the restoration-related media), but here are some embeds:

I would embed a video, but the Vimeo embed code doesn't seem to be working. And I don't see an "insert video" button anywhere in my WYSIWYG. Can we embed vids on the Airforums?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Like in Youtube you copy and paste the URL into this box content like this...
Nice and great to meet and hear about you guys. will be watching. Billy
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
WOMAN OF THE FUTURE

1978 28' Argosy 28
Chicago , Illinois
Hm, doesn't work with Vimeo... which is a bummer because I don't plan on cross-posting to YouTube. Oh well, you guys'll just have to follow along on the blog! Coming soon...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
INto the 21st Century, and beyond!

Aaaah, you have a moho (motor home). Well, I'm sure we are in for a real experience from your group. I watched some of your stuff, and clearly you are a very talented person, and you have surrounded yourself with an equally talented crew.

Do you plan to make the moho into a travelling video post-production house? Or is it simply a means to get to sites where you want to shoot?

Have a blast with it, either way. Bath time is over, I see, but I'm imagining that how you cleaned it will take a good long while to really dry out; I wouldn't be in a big hurry to close up those walls until it is really really dry under them. You're going to have to guess Y...

I wonder if you have seen any of the work that has been published on the Watch Documentaries and Animated Films Online - NFB.ca site? Your work strongly reminded me of some of the things I've seen there. Have a look in particular at some of the stuff that Norman McLaren did waaay back, before video, before computers, just simply using film. Mind-blowing.

Anywayze, I digress, you are here to evolve your trailer into something useful for this decade. This IS the place to ask questions on whatever you need to know.

Cheers,
Aage