Old 11-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Port Saint Lucie , Florida
Thumbs up Hello from Brian and Esta in Florida

Hi All

Been RVing since 2002. Started with a Diesel Excursion and a 28ft Sunline. Next a 35ft Mountaineer, Then a 35ft MH National Dolphin then a 40ft Allegro Bus which I sold 2 years ago due to my wife's illness.

Well, she is now in remission so we are back on the road again and returning to our trailering roots/routes.

Just purchased a 2015 Flying Cloud 27FB after we refreshed ourselves about what we really did not like about most other travel trailers! We take delivery at the end of the month and are planning a shakedown cruise to the Florida Keys in December.

Our long (3 month) vacation will be in May when we return to our favorite 'out west' haunts. Great to be able to take to the road again.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsr4us View Post
Hi All

Been RVing since 2002. Started with a Diesel Excursion and a 28ft Sunline. Next a 35ft Mountaineer, Then a 35ft MH National Dolphin then a 40ft Allegro Bus which I sold 2 years ago due to my wife's illness.

Well, she is now in remission so we are back on the road again and returning to our trailering roots/routes.

Just purchased a 2015 Flying Cloud 27FB after we refreshed ourselves about what we really did not like about most other travel trailers! We take delivery at the end of the month and are planning a shakedown cruise to the Florida Keys in December.

Our long (3 month) vacation will be in May when we return to our favorite 'out west' haunts. Great to be able to take to the road again.
Glad to hear about the improved health of your wife and the renewed travel vigor with a new Airstream. We are planning a July 'out west' trip to Cody, Wyoming and Yellowstone. We would love to get your input on routes, required length of trip, and must see/do items. We are thinking a northern route out and a middle/southern route back. Thanks for any input.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Welcome and glad to hear the good news! Post some pics and happy camping!!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Welcome, and I'm glad to hear that your wife has improved and that you can hit the road again. I'm sure that by now you are ready to have some good times again.

Are you still towing with the Excursion?
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke
PaulnGina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. We are glad to hear that you are able to get back to traveling. Congratulations on your new baby. May you have many great Airstream adventures.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Hello ttsr4us! I think you're gonna like that Airstream compared to your other RVs. It's smaller inside, space efficient yet very comfortable. And it will tow very well. Be prepared to have others stop by your campsite and ask how you like it, how old is it, etc. And be prepared to wave and flash lights when you see another Airstream on the road. Airstreams are special.

I find folks on these forums very helpful if you have a question. I hope you will use the "free advice" in the time to come. Maybe your first question will be "how do I keep the bathroom locker door open?" A fellow Airstreamer recently took delivery of a new Airstream and he is discussing all the adjustments he is making to his trailer. Find moosetags thread and take a look. You would find it interesting. Here is the link:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...fb-125637.html

We all hope carefree traveling will boost your spirits which is proven to boost health. It's amazing what the doctors can do. We wish you both the best of health in your new Airstream!

David
Old 11-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Hey, glad to have you on board. Congrats on wife's remission. Hope that turns into totally cured.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . .Welcome & happy to hear you're able to get back 'on the road again' Hope y'all will check in with some of us when you get out West (maybe a 4Corners Unit gathering) regards, Craig
Old 11-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
How we travel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbee View Post
Glad to hear about the improved health of your wife and the renewed travel vigor with a new Airstream. We are planning a July 'out west' trip to Cody, Wyoming and Yellowstone. We would love to get your input on routes, required length of trip, and must see/do items. We are thinking a northern route out and a middle/southern route back. Thanks for any input.
First we used to make it a 3 month trip and even then its impossible to get it all in.

Main advice, stay away from I40 Oklahoma City. Terrible roads. I'll say it again, terrible roads. Cody is great, Museum and Rodeo and is a twisty gateway to Yellowstone. We usually stay in West Yellowstone (although Fishing Bridge is a hookup site in the park) Grizzly Bear RV Park. Tetons just south of Yellowstone is outstanding. Colter Bay Village RV Park in the NP system is great within the Tetons.

On the way to Cody Little Big Horn, Badlands, Devils Tower (stay at the KOA, they show 'Close Encounters' there most nights, Mount Rushmore and on and on. You will not run out of things to see and do.

Then there is Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, West Coast, just wow but save all that for several more trips.

2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab Duramax 2WD
ttsr4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
2015 first big trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
Hi from AZ. . .Welcome & happy to hear you're able to get back 'on the road again' Hope y'all will check in with some of us when you get out West (maybe a 4Corners Unit gathering) regards, Craig
Will be to Santa Fe. An easy but long one to start with. We plan to meet Esta's best friend there and tour the area again. May not make it out to 4 corners this time.

Maybe 2016 when I'll head out on the low road then turn right at the Coast and maybe Glacier NP Canadian Rockies as our target destinations.

Sure is great to be making plans again.

I bought a new (2014) GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Diesel and a ARE Cap for our tv as Esta likes to pack heavy for long trips and the Flying Cloud FB27 will not be able to take it all!

Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Thanks for the Welcome

Just buying our truck and trailer has lifted our spirits big time and we have not even set out yet.

Our Oncologist is very supportive and will find a place for a 'maintenance' chemo treatment for us in Santa Fe. And the Pharmacy will overnight the chemo drugs when needed.

Having a comfortable trailer was key and I know Esta will be able to enjoy downtime in the Airstream when she gets tired.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Wonderful news! Have fun, safe travels and please share your photos!!

Laura & Tom
Old 11-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Good for you both. I have a dear friend who is now almost 8 years past her expiration date - and has buried an oncologist or two. Brenda was actually on the receiving end of a lot of kindness from this forum when she wanted to take her children on a "bucket list" tour of the Nation's capital several years ago.

I'm SURE that you will both be happier and healthier just getting on the road to whatever the future brings. Best wishes and happy camping. But, since you're getting an Airstream in December, let me recommend FLORIDA as a nice place to visit in this wretched early wintry blast that's hitting aaaaagh....

fnnnngrs frz bye, paula
Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Welcome to the forums Florida neighbors.