Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Longmont , Colorado
Hello from Boulder County Colorado

Hi,

Our family of 3 just bought our first trailer and decided to do it right by investing in an Airstream the first time. We purchased a 26 foot 1973 or 4 Argosy (I give the'73/'74 year because the manufacture date is 9-1973 but the model number shows it to be a 1974).

We are currently keeping it on a friend's farm near Boulder, CO. We would love to meet up with anyone in the area- let me know if you are.

One of the reasons we would love to meet others is because, over the next couple of months, we're planning to make any renovations we find needing done before moving into it full-time.

I'm sure we've got an adventure ahead and we're thrilled for it. If anyone has wit or wisdom you'd like to share, we would love to learn from the experience of others as opposed to floundering through the mistakes on our own.

Thanks for welcoming us into such a warm and encouraging community.

Jeremy and Amanda
AirJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . Welcome to the clan ! ! ! Quite a few Argosy projects on Airforums, so should be plenty of info available. Also local WBCCI units in the area are good places to hang out with like minded folks,,,,,,,,,,travel Safe, Craig
Old 08-04-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Welcome from another Longmonter!

The "DenCo" unit of WBCCI is your local unit. I recommend you join; there are a lot of vintage owners in the group, with a lot of knowledge about maintaining and restoring older trailers.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
Stanfield , Oregon
Dont be afraid to flounder through the mistakes on our own. Full timing in a travel trailer is a learning experience like no other. Congrats on the purchase
SpletKay06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
The Muffin Can

2003 30' Classic
Castle Rock , Colorado
Hi! We are a young family from Denver. No kids yet. We are full timers and renovating our Classic. The in-laws live in Longmont so we should meet up sometime. Currently we are on a road trip in FL but will be back the end of August.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Welcome from Arvada
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
You can tell if your Argosy is a '74. If so it will have a grey water tank. There will be a dump valve handle for the grey water just behind the street side rear tire.
We live just 8 miles east of Torrington, WY. We own a '74 Argosy 26' coach.
I have done significant upgrades to our trailer. You are welcome to come by and have a look.
I also have many photos of the work done. If you would like to see them contact me thru a private message and I will send you my email address.
I know the workings of this model Argosy inside and out so feel free to ask questions.
You are welcome to tow your trailer here. We can go thru things in detail.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
Welcome to the forum we don't live in Boulder but our son does and we visit every year , maybe we can cross paths sometime . good luck with your project .
Les and karen
woodfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Welcome to the Airstream Clan! I can't offer advice, just well wishes...from another Coloradan! Good luck n your renovation, then, safe travels!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote