Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
Wow, look at all the new Airstream owners in and around Austin! How exciting! Welcome!

I belong to the Texas Highland Lakes Unit and the majority of our Unit lives in the Austin area. Both our current and past president live in Austin. Our last Rally was there at McKinney Falls just a couple of weeks ago. Our next Rally is scheduled for March 10-13 in Boerne.

But the BIG event you'll not want to miss is the Vintage Rally set for May 12-16, 2011 at Tres Rios in Glen Rose, Texas. The Vintage Rally is sponsored by the Texas Highland Lakes Unit and is open to all years and models of Airstream products and all WBCCI members and non-members. It is the one event where members and non-members, vintage owners and owners with newer Airstream products can all come together in celebration of Airstreams. Our seminar chairman (Pahaska, here on the Forums) has a long list of classes scheduled for the Rally with lots and lots of valuable information to be had. To me, the highlight of the Vintage Rally is the Open House where you are welcome to look in and examine and visit with owners of all styles and models of Airstreams.

Please let me know if I can get you more information about upcoming Rallies, membership in a fun and exciting Unit or just contact information with other Airstream owners in or around Austin.

Once again, Welcome!

Jimmy and Marque (Zoey)
WBCCI#: 2344
Texas Highland Lakes Unit
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Hi to Moonpie, lcurrie and Beecavetx

Austin is a great place for Airstreams, right?

We are always glad to meet other Airstreamers in the Austin area and have made some really great friendships through the Texas Highland Lakes Unit. If you all would be interested in attending an upcoming Rally with us let us know. It would be fun to caravan together to an event and we would enjoy introducing all of you to our wonderful friends in the WBCCI Texas Highland Lakes Unit.

The upcoming Texas Vintage Rally is the rally that we joined at two years ago. Not only is this rally interesting and an opportunity to learn a lot about Airstreams, but it also is really fun to meet new friends and looks like it's going to be held a really fun RV resort.

- Frank and Mike

Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas

Yes! That would be me. Small world, huh? I've put my TD dreams on hold temporarily, but would still love to build one someday.

I'm glad to see you on the forums,

Austin, Texas
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
I'd love to make the rally in May but rumor has it I'm going to be laying on a beach that weekend. While I'm bummed to miss it, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself.

Austin, Texas
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member
1969 23' Safari
Austin , Texas
Smile Ready now!

We were trying to make it to the McKinney Falls campout, but our Moonpie wasn't out of the shop yet. She's ready to go now though!
Will certainly try to make the next event.
Alan & Renee Wheeler
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #20
Rivet Master
2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Hey Moonpie, Icurrie and Beecavetx! Welcome to the forums. Hope you guys enjoy your AS as much as we have ours. Austin is a great city, but can't imagine how you get the AS around with so much traffic there.

Regards, Terry
(Transplanted Texan (by heart)
I know you think you understand what you though I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
Always learning
1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Hello and welcome to the forums! We are also new to Airstreaming. There is a great gathering of Airstreamers at Canyon of the Eagles this weekend. We had to cancel our reservation, unfortunately. I highly recommend all of you attend a rally soon. We attended our first rally in December at Blanco State Park. We had a wonderful time and met some truly awesome people. Hope to see you somewhere down the road!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member
1968 28' Ambassador
Anchorage , Alaska
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
we are at mckinney falls state park for a few days before moving east to bastrop and then into far east texas and louisania and betty's rv park at abbyville, la

Did you get to Abbeville yet ? This is my hometown . I live in Alaska now .
You have got to go to Hebert's Meat market in Abbeville and try the Boudin there, I swear it's the best I have ever tasted !

Happy to finally be part of the crowd
La.2Ak. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #23
2005 28' International CCD
the louisiana tour

yes, we have arrived in abbeville, la- betty's rv park, a postage sized parking lot that many travelers revere....all because of betty and the happy hours each day and her motherly attitude towards her campers...otherwise pass it by. but i digress...i want some mud bugs.....

we are headed for grand isle state park tomorrow and then to fairview-riverside state park near mandeville park after that.......

but then , all this is down the road a far piece from austin, texas.....

eat at cisco's bakery if you can.....
and the Four P's(Paula, Phoenix and Peabody II and Pearl)…Peabody is here…..
2013 GMC sierra denali
WBCCI 2541

kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
Rivet Master
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Cisco's is great, especially for breakfast. I can almost taste that Wolf omelette...

utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote