Old 10-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #29
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
I love knowing there is a yellow lab named Pearl. My traveling companion is a black lab named Moose. When I adopted him he had that name so we kept it. At the time he weighed 104 lbs and my daughter said he looked like a keg on stilts. The vet put him on a diet immediately and he's now 76 lbs.

I woke up to a small rainshower yesterday morning in Pearl and it sounded so sweet! And I love your analogy regarding the small forts that we used to build as kids. I have found myself turning around in my airstream several times now saying "hello wall".

David you reminded me of a camping trip I took with my children to Colorado when they were young. It was mid August and we were so enjoying the nice weather. We pitched our tent at the bottom of a mountain near Aspen. We woke up about 1 AM to a stream of water rushing over our sleeping bags. And spent an adventurous rest of the night camped out in our little Toyota Celica. Fun time!

AngelStreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Wow, you sure have traveled a lot of ground since your "looking for an Airstream" post #1. Now you are a vintage Airstream owner with a proper tow vehicle. Your Trade Wind is already "renewed" and in great shape judging from the pictures. It is a good way to get one in my view. It's a 63 and it's 53 years old, but all ready to go many more years. My 66 isn't as nice, but still ready to go with most systems renewed.

Staying in Texas is a good place for the winter months. Many full timers head south in the winter as staying in a RV up north is not much fun at all. My wife's folks used to winter on Sam Rayburn Lake at the Airstream park there called Texas Airstream Harbor. As I recall, it was pretty low cost living. They enjoyed their time there, and used it as a basecamp for traveling the south in the Airstream.

http://www.texasairstreamharbor.com/

But there are many other places folks park for the winter.

David

dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote