Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
Having a really difficult time with the Airstream Forum app. It keeps telling me I need to login but I am logged in. Then when I try to login again it tells me that my user name, email address, and password are invalid. Does anyone know how I can contact someone to get my account straightened out? Thanks everyone for your help trying to maneuver this site

Old 09-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Look for a moderator, Janet had been one of my go to 's.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 AM   #17
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Way over East of ya... we may be moving into our Airstream as well.. and soon. Give a holler and we will try to help if you need it... (between boxing, moving, screaming, .. etc.. ;}
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #18
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
Good morning! First of all I want to say great big thank you to Ian, David, and Dennis for all their great advice as I began looking for my sweet airstream. Your help meant the world to me!

She's a beauty! She's a 1963 24 ft Tradewind trailer. Just the right size for me. I still need to find a tow vehicle so we can get on the road.

I need to find secure storage for her in Austin while I look for a tow vehicle.
Anyone had any experience with a reasonable storage facility here? Maybe courtesy parking for just a short time?

Mary
Old 10-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Angelstreamn, holy cow!! You did jump in the deep end without fear. Good for you, congratulations. 63 is a very good year, and I bet it will go up in value in the years to come. I think it is the first full year of the dura torque axles. And you trailer has real wood and metal latches and knobs, and easier to repair flat glass windows. People value the 65 and earlier vintage Airstreams. I would love to see some pictures.

Hey, you are welcome to store your trailer at my place. But being in the Denver area, I believe I'm too far away to be handy. I'm sure someone will give advice on where you can store your trailer. Buy a good hitch lock, as your trailer is valuable.

Next is the tow vehicle and hitch. You can research both here on Air Forums. We have had good luck towing our 66 Trade Wind with the son's Grand Cherokee and a Fastway e2 hitch (a Equalizer type knock off). But you have many options for towing with your vintage Trade Wind. It is not a heavyweight trailer. It will tow very nicely. Here is a recent thread where an Airstreamer was looking for tow vehicle recommendations. No one liked my recommendation, but there are some good suggestions to stimulate your thinking.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f238...8k-156241.html

Here is a photo of my Trade Wind out camping with the grand daughters, and of the dinette table I installed this summer. I didn't like the original as it was in the way of the door. My Trade Wind is a boy trailer by the way. Name is Max.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1607 Wellington Trade Wind.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	273496   Click image for larger version

Name:	1609 Table Up Two Chairs.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	273497  

Old 10-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Kansas City , Missouri
Welcome to the forms! I too have a Tradewind. She's a 1962. I'm redoing her. Here's a pic.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1476535644.439781.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	273541her name is Agnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum
Old 10-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #21
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
What a beauty! Love her shiny coat! Thanks so much for your sweet welcome to the forums. I can't wait to see what you do when you restore her inside!

Mary
Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #22
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
Thank you David, I did try to take all the information you had given me and find a sweet trailer. Really loving her so far! I'm still thinking about names for her so suggestions are definitely welcome!

She has a wraparound dinette upfront that makes into a queen size bed. All appliances counter space etc. in the kitchen are in great shape. She has the sofa/pull out double bed on one side and the chest of drawers with two wardrobes on the other side, and the rear shower bathroom. Just the right size and floor plan for me. I will try to send some photos if I can figure out how to attach them here.

Now to the tow vehicle. There is so much differing advice out there it's almost mind boggling. Thanks for the links and great information you've given me here. So far I have looked at Toyota tundra's, GMC Sierra, Dodge ram, Toyota Sequoia, Ford F150, 4-wheel-drive all-wheel-drive 2 wheel drive. Arrgh! I know the right ones out there.

Any advice on what type of good hitch locks I should be looking at?

Mary
Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Hi again. Would love to see some photos of your 63. A U shaped dinette is unusual I think. Last winter we built a U dinette in the son's 69 Globetrotter. He wanted more seating for entertaining, and a big bed for sleeping in on lazy mornings.

To attach a photo, try this:
1. Click on the paperclip in the "reply to thread" screen. It's called "Manage attachments".
2. Click on the "choose file" button. Now you gotta browse your picture library to find the photo file you want to upload. My file types are .jpg. Click on the photo file selected, and then click on "open".
3 You can attach another picture file in the manage attachments screen if you want one. Try just one until you get comfortable with how AirForums works.
4. Now click on "upload" button. Note the upload progress in the lower left of the "manage attachments" screen. It may take several minutes depending on the speed of your internet service. When upload is done, you're not done! You gotta wait until AirForums receives the data and posts it in your post. When there are no more notes in the lower left status, then you can "close this window".
5. You will not see your uploaded photo in the "reply to thread" screen. Don't cuss. You can hit "preview post" or "submit reply" buttons to see the photo. I post my photos at the bottom of the reply. That's where I place the cursor when I upload a photo. I don't try to place photos in the text.
6. Some Forum users struggle with the Apple device apps and the like. I use an old fashioned point and shoot camera and a digital file on my laptop. I have not uploaded a photo from a phone. I send the phone photo to my laptop and save it with my other photos. Sometimes these phone photos don't upload right for me.

After you submit reply, you have about 10 minutes to edit your post if you want. You can go "advanced" and delete a photo and upload a better one if you like.

Hope this helps a bit...

David

PS Here is the U shaped dinette we made last winter. The table is on a collapsing pedestal. The table has fold out "leaves" for lunch, and then they fold in for a coffee table. It seems to work okay. But it ain't a luxury Airstream cabinet for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1604 Dinette Done Bed.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	273814   Click image for larger version

Name:	1604 Dinette Done 2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	273815  

Old 10-20-2016, 06:00 PM   #24
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
Hi David,

Love the u-shaped dinette you built. I sent you a PM with information on how to see my photos. Let me know if you have a problem accessing them.

Mary
Old 10-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
You know, I've never used the registry for photos or anything else. I know other users do as there is a AirForums limit on how many photos you can upload in Forums, but the registry is available for photos.

Your old Trade Wind looks nice. I see the U shaped dinette looks like it was added sometime later. New Flying Cloud trailers have a U shaped dinette option in their 26U model. My dinette doesn't have curved cushions in the corners as I don't know how to make curved cushions.

David
Old 10-21-2016, 10:21 AM   #26
Paul Zmann

Currently Looking...
Garland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelStreamn View Post
Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard other newbie! 😊
Wish you well on your search hope you find what you're looking for real soon.
Thanks for the Welcome. I just missed a 2001 30' with slider. I looked at it continued driving to Norman, OK to see my daughter. I called back a couple of days after looking it over and he said he had just sold it.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #27
Airstreamin' Angel

1963 24' Tradewind
Austin , Texas
I want to officially introduce my sweet new to me Tradewind. Her name is Silver Pearl but I'm calling her "Pearl" for short. I chose the name because she is my Silver Pearl. My tow vehicle is a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4-WD.

We are now all set to cruise around hopefully getting to meet many of you in person. 💖

Mary
Old 10-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
My Minnesota neighbor has a yellow lab named Pearl. He has the only lab, and you have the only Trade Wind named Pearl. I hope you and Pearl have many adventures together. One thing you will really enjoy is a rainy night all snug and cozy while Silver Pearl keeps you warm and dry. Rainy nights in an Airstream is fun, at least until you wake up and find water all over the floor from a leak. This too is an adventure. Maybe travel trailers are a little like "tiny houses" which are a little like the "forts" and play houses we had when we were kids.

Airstreams are a whole lot better than sleeping in a small tent on a wet sleeping bag!

The Tundra will pull Pearl quite nicely. Maybe Pearl came with a hitch. If not, you'll have to get one of those too. Sometimes you can find them used at a lower price.

Thanks for the tip on the registry. If you want to see Silver Pearl, look here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f526...nd-158525.html

She looks to be in great shape.

David