Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Restoration Project 2012

1966 20' Globetrotter
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs up Hello Everyone! Newbie here.

Just wanted to wish everyone a hello out there in the airstream forums. I have inherited a nice 20' globetrotter from my grandfather that needs mega restoration. So I've made it my project to do so. I'm glad to be part of the community as I am tackling this project alone and will need all the information and help I can get! I'll be documenting my restoration in the blog area, and also on my personal website. I'm very excited and cannot wait until I get my baby on the road and out to Moab, UT! Hope everyone has a great week, and thanks in advance for your valuable advice big and small.

Cheers!

Brittany

Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the Forums, Brittany...the Forums is a great place to get answers to questions and lots of support in your restoration project... Good luck!

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Welcome Brittany! When you get your project finished and plan on a trip to Moab, let us know if you want some Airstream company. My wife and I really enjoy Moab. In fact, heading out to Moab on May 20, 2012. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
Welcome Brittany! When you get your project finished and plan on a trip to Moab, let us know if you want some Airstream company. My wife and I really enjoy Moab. In fact, heading out to Moab on May 20, 2012. Good luck with your project.
Don't know if you've ever stayed at the Dead Horse Canyon State Park. The night sky there is fantastic. And in Moab, the campground that's on the west side of the highway and adjoins the Colorado is another great option.

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Restoration Project 2012

1966 20' Globetrotter
Riverhead , New York
Smile Moab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
Charlie, Thank you! I probably won't be finished with the entire project until the end of this summer 2012, but if deadlines are correct I plan on heading out to Moab in September 2012 if you, or anyone else for that matter is interested. See you out there!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
Unless you already have a favorite spot and/or require hookups in Moab, try one of the USFS campsites near Monticello. Either Dalton Springs or Buckboard are a great way to be above the valley heat for great evenings and it isn't much more of a drive to visit all the National Parks in the area.

We did Nizhoni (USFS) just north of Blanding for a week last August and it was high 70s by dusk at the campground and pushing 90+ in Canyonlands. Wildlife (mostly deer & 1 elk) meandered the open areas in view of our trailer. A/C was never required!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Welcome Brittany! Congrats on your wonderful Airstream!! You've definitely come to the right place for answers and advice on restoring your silver treasure. Good luck with everything!

~Cari~