Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorialhq View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I know in my heart I will lose my husband and not sure how I can accept that. My prayers are with you. We just got home from picking him up and reality of all this has hit. I have never been homeless nor has he ever not been able to care for us. I think depression has hit me now I know how she felt on walks as I had a head injury,can't walk right nor use brain as normal you will see if I don't get scared to be and hide that I answer wrong or use the wrong words, my life was over in a 1 minute accident and hubby has been my hmmm strength and now I find myself having to figure all this out on my own.. lol I will probably get screwed over ... but even if I screw up and buy a lemon it will be a roof right
That Airstream community in N. Texas is really special. I recommend you visit there. Could be a low cost "home base". Also you are likely to find one or two FINE gently used units there. (Frankly people die, or have to go to nursing homes or family care - and these are often dedicated people who took excellent care of their units.)

Please do get your children together to have a brainstorming session and make a PLAN to organize your futures. If you have someone outside of the family that you can trust, (a lawyer, financial advisor, etc.) having that person act as a referee could help too. Knowing where you ARE right now could help you figure out what you need to do too.

Selling short usually costs you heavily, but just getting things planned - seeing what CAN be sold easily, versus things that you need to sell a bit less rapidly will really help. Your kids may be able to keep the mortgage up for a couple of months so you don't have to take a big loss when you sell.

Best wishes, and I do hope your husband recovers.

Paula

Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Thanks everyone I have been out of it all week... Ken I really like that trailer looks nice... how do I get someone to check it out ? will check that link for the TX park. I really would like to go back to our home state in CO the tx heat is horrid will go home during the summer . Not sure what all is going to happen down the road here but as for our kids somehow we raised self centered kids the one that isn't is still in college not sure how she will finish but she will. I put the house up for sale and realized we have tons of stuff we have to unload like horse,hay,car,flatbed trailers and that stupid tractor ... the economy killed the horse sales but found a friend that is taking my horses which makes me happy and my yorkies will go RVing with us .. sheesh what a life that will be. But we lived in a 18wheeler maj of the last 10yrs I am trying to figure out if I can get all my antique clocks on a airstream...last time I counted them I had 34.. is great when hubby ticks me off I wind them all up and set them 30 secs apart .. they gong forever

One good note is when my husband was getting back in his truck he did hurt his back so they had to put him on work comp therefore he will not lose our ins for now. Well from what I read we can have Cobra for 18mths. I am on ssi and in Oct 10 will be on medicare not sure how all that works but the dr said realistic hubby should be on ssi too I just don't like it as it seems like charity despite the fact it is from our paychecks. So that part of this whole nightmare seems better. He is thinking a bit clearer now but still not the man I have been married to for 30 yrs.

Never never take life for granted it can sure throw a curve ball at you. Now off to find the silver sisters thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
I do not have experience getting an inspector.

There are folks here who know exactly
what and how to do that.

Glad to hear back from you.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Maybe you missed this in my earlier posting:

If you need an inspector to help you decide about a trailer, you can search for one on the main portal page, about 1/4 down on the right.

Good luck,

Mary
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
http://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

http://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
1986 25' Sovereign
St. Tammany , Louisiana
Hi Vicki, I'm new here too, but just wanted to say hello and that I hope that you are successful finding the perfect trailer for you and your husband. May you be blessed mightily! Sandy
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Vicki,

So sorry for all your difficulties, and hope you are able to find a path to some peace and stability. You are in the right place for finding and getting set up in an Airstream. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, and many kind and open hearts.

My personal experience with severe life stressors is to muster from within the strength to get up every day, put one foot ahead of the other, keep on doing what you need to do and moving in the right direction. You must find and maintain the belief that this will pass and life will settle down.

Good luck to you and your husband. Please stay in touch.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
I want to thank all of you for such great support !!!! It means a lot. I have been trying to read the forum but am finding it somewhat hard but I will get there...

I have been looking at many Airstreams and sheesh about to pull my hair out... made one decision on our items in the house will put what I want in our Horse van and leave all the tack in the tack room ... the living compartment has enough room to store other things like furniture that I do not want to give up then put the van in storage ... I am thinking never know I may want to get my horses back and all that stuff is costly the horse van is an exiss which like the airstream holds it's value plus I googled what it would sell for decided will keep it for awhile...hmm we could fulltime in it lol but have a real issue sleeping and eating around horse poop.

Now all that is left is to find homes for some of my yorkies as fulltiming there is no way I can keep all my furbabies yes I have a lot of them like 12 and just do not see that happening ... this maybe against the rules to say this but if anyone is interested let me know... I am only interested in GOOD HOMES in other words there is no price as you can't put a dollar on love, but will warn you I have a horrid adoption app

I never did find the thread Silver Sisters ... will go look again...
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #22
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Here it is:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-29663.html

Mary
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
http://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

http://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
How old are your Yorkies?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
How old are your Yorkies?

oh they range from 18 months to 4 yrs ... the 18 month I was going to show well she was shown in puppy class ... I have 2 different breed one is Yorkies and the one in the avator is a Biewer a la Pom Pon which is a parti yorkie really but do not tell anyone I said that I would be tarred and feathered