Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Portland , Oregon
cleaning, & cleaning & more cleaning.....

Hi All, thanks for the replies, you're right I am hooked.. I've been trying to clean it the past few days, inside & out, as I think it was sitting for a while, and the bathroom....how to put it? well... it wasn't pretty - hadn't been cleaned in a while. Some funny things - when going through the drawers, found it came complete with socks & underwear.. ( I was always wondering where the socks seem to disappear to.. now I know!)
tested out most of the other appliances & the only thing I can't get to work yet is the fridge... (not sure if it's just me cuz I don't know how the thing works or what yet) but will try to look at it some more over the next couple of weeks. First priority is the gray water tank & figuring out what I need to do there to get it replaced, it's cracked & broken in several places.. the fun is begining... ;-)
Some interior pics, as I first got it, cleaning underway now, you can see the grey water tank in one pic sitting in the front, they did have the foam beds redone a few years back, and last pic gives you an idea of the bathroom as I started cleaning...eww
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fridgecounterside.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	23490   Click image for larger version

Name:	front view.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	23491  

Name:	backbed.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	23492   Click image for larger version

Name:	sinkside.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	23493  

Name:	bathroombeforecleaning.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	23494   Click image for larger version

Name:	cleaningbathroom.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	23495  

Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #16
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The layout of your trailer is the same as my 75. It looks like it is cleaning up nicely! You have the same color countertops and all. I think the refrigerator is the same too. The controls for mine are inside the unit on the bottom. The unit must be level for the refrigerator to work correctly. It will take several hours before the unit will start to cool down. You will notice the freezer walls getting cold first. Are you trying to run it on shore power or propane?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Cheers on the new AS!

This is your best photo posted.....the celebration
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Portland , Oregon
refer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
The layout of your trailer is the same as my 75. It looks like it is cleaning up nicely! You have the same color countertops and all. I think the refrigerator is the same too. The controls for mine are inside the unit on the bottom. The unit must be level for the refrigerator to work correctly. It will take several hours before the unit will start to cool down. You will notice the freezer walls getting cold first. Are you trying to run it on shore power or propane?
Thanks! I was trying to run it on power, but also think that the trailer is not quite level, plus I didn't wait very long (maybe 30 mins) so will try those two things & see how it goes. Thanks for the tips!

& Azstreaming ... yep - we had to have a nice cold beer & celebrate!
all the best!
Nola
Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Two beers

Two beers will make the work go even faster.....I think?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Nashville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to harestream
Nice to meet you all. Sounds like good timing on my part to join in the Newbie section, as this is my first posting and introduction to the airstream world as an owner. Just a quick bio to introduce myself to you all.. Me (kelly) and my boyfriend Bill decided to leave our lives in NYC and buy a 1972 Tradewind 25' and live in it and travel around. We are in the process of finding a towing vehicle (ideally we get something which we can convert to bio-diesel) So any suggestions or feedback on towing vehicles is much appreciated. We are very excited about our purchase, and it appears to be in very good shape, although it has been sitting in outdoor storage in MASS for the last few years. We might have a hole underneath, and the interior layout seems to be bothering us more than we thought it would. Somebody with expertiese, please help!! It is a rear bath, twin model. We thought the fold out sofa would be big for us but it seems cramped. Since we need this for everyday we are willing to do a bit of handywork (tight budget) ourselves, to maybe tear out a twin, or somewhow work it in the back to give us a larger sleeping area. Is anybody familliar with websites that show restorations converting a twin model? I would hate to yank it out later realize it wasn't even necessary, or to do it blindly when I should of actualy taken it somewhere. Also, what is under that plastic wall? can I tear that out or will I be left shivering at night with no solid insulation. sometimes i wonder should I of held out, and got a 60's model? the 70's ones are cool, but oh! All the wood laminate. something really needs to be done. UPDATES galore!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Nashville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to harestream

I'm attaching photos of our recently purchased '72 tradewind. The best part (for all you country fans)
the original owner was Grand Ole Opry legend Ferlin Husky, when I heard this. It HAD to be mine!