Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Siler City , North Carolina
Hello! ...and a question.

Hi all! I have the dream of owning an Airstream. I'm poor as an empty plant pot, mind you -- but I have the dream

...maybe someday...

My dream Airstream would be that 30ft Salon Liner that got made way back in '54... or so the advertising tells me. I guess I have two questions, actually -- one, were they made in more years than just '54? and two, how "popular" were they...? (meaning, how many were made and sold)
starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hi Starhawk and welcome to the forums. I doubt that you will find sales information about a model but you can research here in the AS archives to see if you can get more information. You can also look at some of the AS sales sites, maybe you can spot one of those you're looking for. At least you can get an idea of condition vs. price on the older models. Some are in very bad shape but inexpensive. A lot depends on if you have a place to work on them, tools, re$ource$, etc.
Good luck.

https://www.airstream.com/service/document-archive/
http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #3

Wasn't looking for actual numbers, just a rough idea, if that makes sense.

I can find a brochure for it in the Document Archive, which is actually how I know about it -- if the Archives are complete (I assume so, but you folks are the experts -- you tell me), then they only made it for the one year. It was a thirty-foot model, and from the literature, it sounds like it was a modification of the 30ft Liner model that year.

Direct PDF link to the relevant brochure in the Archives.

My guess is that it didn't sell well... they would've likely continued it, if it had.

FWIW, there's thirteen classifieds that fit the decade, at that Classifieds site you linked to -- and none of them are a Salon Liner. I've mostly been perusing Craigslist lately... there's a few in my area (the Raleigh, NC CraigsList serves me). I'm somewhat limited because I have so far chosen not to learn to drive (trust me when I tell you that we are all safer with me as a passenger), and I'm on Disability (mental stuff, actually, more than physical) so I'm bloody poor. As far as tools go, I'm decent with hand tools, but don't ask me for power anything unless it's a drill I can't even jigsaw. I have one (a 90s era B&D, I think, might be a Skil, I'm not inclined to look right now) but the blade falls out every inch-and-a-half or so, when I try to use it. Might be it, might be me.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #4

Would be good to know, if anyone has further information. I'm still looking for confirmation of what I posted, at the least...
Old 08-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You might contact the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, Ohio.

Someone there should know.

Maggie