Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Marshall , Virginia
Hello all from Virginia

We acquired, through the death of a dear friend, a 1976 Argosy 28'. We are so happy to find this forum as we will be renovations on our new 'girl'.
I have many pictures so let me figure out how to load them.

28Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome to the site we are glad to have you with us.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Marshall , Virginia
Thank you for the welcome! We have enjoyed reading a lot as both of us are trying to catch up.
When I was a teenager, we had a 22' Winnebago Cheftain trailer. I am so looking forward to getting back into the camper.
We have some issues we will need to do some research of looking for advice and 'how to do' with our Argosy.
We removed the old floor, thus taking it down to plywood, and have two panels that need body work outside.
That all said- at least everything works- even the refrigerator. 'She's ' a pretty old girl and looking forward to getting her back out on the road.
Doesn't look too bad for 37 years old I must say
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
belleville , Ontario
Sorry about your loss, but congrats' on the trailer. Glad to have another Argosy owner among us! I have recently got mine only a couple weeks ago and look forward to putting it in good use!
kenoswild13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
She looks great and the more you do the better that you will get to know her! Sorry to hear about your friend. Take and post lots of pictures as they not only help you but help and inspire others when you or they have questions. again welcome
Cliff
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Selden , New York
Hi Virginia. My Argosy is a 1972 she also looks great for her age. Her name is Daisy. I bought her earlier in the year but only got out for the first time this past weekend. Now I want to go out at least one more time before winter. Hopefully we will meet in the spring.
ffassandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Marshall , Virginia
We are going to be spending the winter time working on projects within the trailer. The floor needs to be done, and another bed needs to be set up ( the front one). Hubby already has been working on the bathroom with a new faucet, redoing the sink counter and tub.
We have since removed the middle bed 'rig-up' as we want that bed for the dogs and need it as long as possible. ( We have Borzoi and one greyhound. ).
Here are some more interior photos, though the middle bed has been changed back to the original.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Quick heads up about something to read about

The front and rear upper exterior end cap panels are galvanized steel, not aluminum. ( just in case you didn't know that )
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

I have never noticed it before.

I didn't know that Argosys had that oval roof window. Mine doesn't. I wonder if it is an upgrade.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Marshall , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave View Post
The front and rear upper exterior end cap panels are galvanized steel, not aluminum. ( just in case you didn't know that )
Yea we know. Here the front and the rear photos. And its obviously its the worst part of the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave View Post
I didn't know that Argosys had that oval roof window. Mine doesn't. I wonder if it is an upgrade.
I do not know, though what we have found so far that the ones that are 24 and 28 footers we have found photos of, do have the oval windows. Could be a coincidence though ?

Here is a video of someones trailer on youtube, and though a 24', does have the oval window only lower instead of roof level.
( this is not my video nor trailer- just sharing the music video)