Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Edmonton , Alberta
Hello all

I've recently acquired a 1965 Globetrotter. It's been in the family for quite sometime, and I'm rather excited to start working on it to make it our own.

Have some fabric plans, and have done some renewal projects underway. I built a stovetop cover on the weekend, so that we can have more counter space when the cooktop is not in use.

The Silver Bullet is in great shape and I'm thrilled to have it as a 'second home.'

I'm looking to replace the broken screen door slider, and may manufacture something, as I can't seem to find any replacements. Any leads would be welcome. I'm happy to be part of this group.
Badger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Howdy, Badger, and welcome to Airforums.com. Congratulations on your new-to-you acquisition!

As for the part you need, if it's what I think it is, have a peek in the Commercial forum; there are several companies listed there that sell the part you need.

There are two sliders on the screen door of my '74: one is the little sliding door that keeps the bugs out, made of plastic. The other one is a slider that attaches the screen door to the solid outer door.

Should we guess which of those it is, or am I not even warm?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Edmonton , Alberta
Oh... you're warm alright. Thanks, I'll go take a look. Plastic took many a hit... and I know I was responsible for many of them! While the duct-tape repair is a bit of an homage to the A/S, it is rather tacky. Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I see you put some great pictures in the photo section. Just so you know, you can also put them in posts.

Have a look at Janet's great "Forums 101" thread; post number 7 in there tells you all you want to know about adding pictures.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Edmonton , Alberta
Thanks! Very helpful! I'll insert a flickr album I've started. Airstream - a set on Flickr