Old 06-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Iowa City , Iowa
Hello all

Hi all,

New to the forum and just poking around with the idea of getting and RV specifically an Airstream. While we could really get anything my wife and I have always loved the look of the Airstream trailers.

We have seen some good deals on a few mid 70's 31' Land Yachts recently and while that would be awesome I think it's a bit much for a first RV.

reading a few threads around here seems many people like the sweet spot of a 23' or 25'. Our current vehicle wouldn't be able to tow anything really (2005 Subaru Outback XT) so we would also be looking at selling one of our vehicles to get a truck or SUV that would be able to do that work.

2 adults, a 3 year old, and 2 dogs (50lb labs). Not full time use. Probably looking for twin beds and if possible separate toilet and shower are really the main asks in a model.

Anyway looking forward to reading around here and learning all I can.

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Noodle,

Welcome to the forums. We're confident you'll find lots of great help and suggestions here.

I'm not sure if there is an Airstream dealer anywhere near you, but, if so, you might consider a drive by to sit in few different models. That will give you an idea of how the layout can work or sometimes not work for your purposes. A simple example is that we prefer a bed where we can each get up from our own side without having to crawl over top of one another (although, others may prefer the bed against a wall for the exact same reason).

As you read more threads here on the forums, you'll also get an idea of what questions to ask as you search.

Good luck,

Roy and Marie
from Pennsylvania