Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Sallisaw , Oklahoma
Smile Hello Airstreamers

I just bought a 78 excella 500 all original in excellent condition except for curtains. Any ideas on where I can order them??
Lovinmy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Hello Airstreamers

Greetings Lovinmy78!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmy78 View Post
I just bought a 78 excella 500 all original in excellent condition except for curtains. Any ideas on where I can order them??
You have a number of options available when it comes to purchasing new drapes for your Airstream, among them:
  • Aristream -- With the VIN for your coach, you can order replacement draperies from the parts department of any Airstream dealership. You will likely find fabric selection limited to those offered in the current Airstreams and the price is abt to be a premium. Link.
  • J P A Drapes. Inc. -- A company that has been in the business of making draperies for Airstreams for many years with numersous satsified customers. Link.
  • Fowler RV Interiors -- Arlene and Henry Fowler have been in the business of refurbishing Airstream interiors for a number of years and draperies are among their specialties. They refurbished the interiors of both my Airstream and Argosy, and I am very satisfied with the quality and durability of their work. Link.
  • Silver Threads -- One of our own Forums Members, Silver Threads has been producing quality Airstream and Argosy draperies for a number of years with numerous accolades here on the Forums. Link.
I feel like I am missing several, but the four sources above are frequently mentioned when Airstream/Argosy draperies are discussed.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Sallisaw , Oklahoma
Thanks Kevin I will be checking that out today! What are your thoughts on painting the cabinets have you ever seen that done?
Lovinmy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Hello Airstreamers

Greetings Lovinmy78!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmy78 View Post
Thanks Kevin I will be checking that out today! What are your thoughts on painting the cabinets have you ever seen that done?
Painting cabinets in an Airstream made prior to the 1970s switch to plastic laminates isn't terribly common as the real wood veneer cabinets tend to be treasured by enthusiasts. With the 1970s Airstreams where plastic laminates are the material in question, painting is a more widely accepted option. It is a personal prefence call that an owner must make . . . and unlike wood, going back to an unpainted plastic laminate surface isn't a practical option.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote