Old 07-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2005 28' International CCD
daly city , California
Have airstream, will travel.

Hello new community,
Purchased our '05 International 28' from a local couple who went out on the road for 6 months and then got pregnant. They were elated for the new addition, yet distraught at having to sell the trailer. We made a good impression on them and are happy that we have the "first baby".
We leave from San Francisco in 2 weeks and will head north and then.....??
This initial trip will be for 3 months and is part of an exploration to move to a mountain location in the West.
I'm sure the airstream community is very diverse and as gay men we hope that we'll meet friendly travelers along the way. Really looking forward to our first trip.
The previous owners are acting as information guides, but if you have any odd bits of advice, please send them on. I'm most uncomfortable with the backing up part and hopefully will wuickly get the hang of that.
Our tow vehicule is an Excursion diesel. Anyone run on bio-diesel out there?
Thanks in advance for the help.

tornado-bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to the Forums! I hope both help in your quest for a new home...Airstreams are usually quite the conversation starters, you'll meet all kinds of folks owning one!

Have fun on your journey ~

Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
canton , tx
Hi David and welcome. I also live in San Francisco though my profile shows TX. The backing savy will come with practice and the use of a lookout. Patience is necessary to avoid losing the lookout. Practice in a large parking lot til you get the hang of it. Good luck on your search and adventure. joe
rvlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #4

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Hi David, welcome to the forums. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in your new airstream! Remember, photos are always welcome. There is a ton of information oh how to back up your rig here on the forums (and on just about any thing AS related for that matter) just use that search feature and have at it! My advice on the backing issue is when in doubt, get out and look, when you are sure there is nothing you can hit, DEFINTATELY get out and look . See ya on the road!

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome New Member

Welcome to Airstreaming. You are going to really enjoy it.The backing will come with practice. The big open parking lot experience really helps. You WILL get the knack of it.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote