Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
Rivet checkin out camper

well i finally made it to mass. and i'm p'up the camper. have tested out most of the "stuff" in it. everything seems to work w/ the exception of the hot water heater. it leakes like a sieve and can't get pilot light lit. it appears to be original. will probably replace than tinker w/ for piece of mind.

it is in nice shape but like everything else it does need work. especially since joining this forum, it suddenly has dawned on me that this tt is actually a house on wheels! what a revelation! the more i get into it the more my TO DO list grows. but this silver sled is cool.

i plan to fix'er up to like knew, eventually, but plan to enjoy it camping. the immediate things are to repack bearings fix the runnning lights that work that fell apart do to age and my medeling. the front window needs resealed and will redo all gaskets/seals for all windows and vents to keep it dry inside. the floor is solid. will do a good cleaning.

will send pics soon. this is a nice camper w/ everything there ad the major stuff intact so it will be enjoyable to fix up and still be able to use.

thanx everybody for the info given as my question arise. this forum is awesome as i don't have to re-invent the wheel.

crowbar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
maiden voyage

well made it back to indiana.came from mass to ind. a 762 mi. trip. did some basic maintenance to the trailor to make sure it was road worthy. i'm glad i replaced the tires as 2 of them had tubes in them! it towed fine. i was surprised at how much of a trailor it is. i have towed car haulers w/ big cars on them but this was different. vision was somewhat obscured, wil need to get bigger mirrors. the equalizing hitch worked well w/ little or no sway (even w/ semis all around) it rolled down the road good. i'm going to get the hitch dialed in a little better (use scales) w/ some of the threads i have read.

will go campin in a week.

crowbar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
Grats on your trailer and getting it home Crowbar. Welcome to the forums.

2009 F-350 FX4 Crewcab 4x4 6.4l
former '78 Argosy 20' Minuet owner
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote