Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Happy Camper

Real glad to find a large site like this...for everything about Airstream. My name is Bill, I am an award winning mural artist looking to retire into treasure hunting (I have a metal detector) ...how I got the airstream (70' overlander) was we had given up looking for certain about what kind of trailer to buy as an upgrade replacement for a old prowler I had. Didn't want to buy one of those box things like a fifth wheel with a slide, and was walking along one day down a sidewalk and came across this airstream sitting there with a for sale sign in the window...I should have known all along that this is what I should have searched for...an airstream in almost mint condition with leopard skin carpet and everything very well taken care of....I bought it. Thats my story and I'm stikin to it. Now am looking for a trailer communtiy I can move it to and live possibly near a beach in Fla. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to tip me off. I am new to the whole airstream thing and welcome all incoming help and aquaintences....Thanks ya'll and hope to hear from you soon, Billy
AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Hi Bill and welcome aboard!
As I keep saying to new AS owners, if you can't find the answer here in this forum then there's no question!

Sorry I can't help you on the location of a trailer community as I live in California. Possibly Moostags might be able to help. Give it a little time and you'll get some positive responses on your request.

Once again.... Welcome aboard to Airforums.com

R/
Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
Hello J B Good I live in Panama City Florida (panhandle) I know of a couple places that might meet your needs try searching for Racoon River Campground or Venture Out there is a couple more I think they are in the 400.00 to 600.00 per month range and are close to the beach V/O is actually across street from beach with private access email me or P/M and I will get you more info....

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
Safari-Rick hit the nail on the head...this is the place to find answers to all lifes nagging questions...well atleast airstream questions. Panama city would be a neat place to set up, not quite as overwhelmed as further south. Good thing is...ya got wheels