Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Wow. Hail is one thing. Tornado comes along and all bets are off! Happy to hear it wasn't completely destroyed. Sounds like he was fortunate to have not sustained more damage overall than he did.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #22
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Some good news on the tornado damaged trailer

Heard from my friend this morning. Roof dents are minor and he can live with them. Fantastic fan needs replaced. Rear window is pushed in slightly and rear cap is badly beat up. Sounds like the trailer is salvagable with all or part of a new rear cap. He is taking it to the dealer in Dublin today for an estimate. I'm going to suggest he take it to Jackson Center.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Round Rock , Texas
Ditto on WOW...Also surprised there is not more damage to the trailer. We visited the dealer at Dublin yesterday. There was a used 2005 25' Safari on their lot that the dealer repaired...the trailer came in with read-end damage. To our eyes, the repair looked really good. Nice staff.

Hope all works out for your friend.
stratosboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Hey John

How'd ya do last night? Another evening at the storage facility?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #25
Contributing Member

Didn't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolis1
How'd ya do last night? Another evening at the storage facility?
The storms went well north of us. Lots of lightning and jus a little bit of rain where we live. No hail. I watched the radar and decided to sit it out at home.

This evening is a big unknown, though. Another set of big and probably damaging storms is predicted in mid-to late evening. We're guests at the big Gala at the Wildflower Center this evening (I'm the Volunteer Representative on the Board of Directors there). Being retired, we couldn't afford to go at $500 a plate and more, but we were invited by the Executive Director as her guests and we wouldn't miss it for anything. Wife has a new dress, etc. That means that the truck is on its own tonight. In fact, I'll drive the truck to the Wildflower Center tonight so that both passenger cars can stay in the garage rather than having two vehicles exposed to hail.

A lot of Austin was without power overnight and several folks at the Board meeting this morning had to be chainsawed out of their driveways or find new routes out of their neighborhoods.
WBCCI #9632
Old 05-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
The storms went well north of us. Lots of lightning and jus a little bit of rain where we live. No hail. I watched the radar and decided to sit it out at home.

This evening is a big unknown, though. Another set of big and probably damaging storms is predicted in mid-to late evening. We're guests at the big Gala at the Wildflower Center this evening (I'm the Volunteer Representative on the Board of Directors there). Being retired, we couldn't afford to go at $500 a plate and more, but we were invited by the Executive Director as her guests and we wouldn't miss it for anything. Wife has a new dress, etc. That means that the truck is on its own tonight. In fact, I'll drive the truck to the Wildflower Center tonight so that both passenger cars can stay in the garage rather than having two vehicles exposed to hail.

A lot of Austin was without power overnight and several folks at the Board meeting this morning had to be chainsawed out of their driveways or find new routes out of their neighborhoods.

Yeah, I'd noticed a lot of downed trees and such on my way in this morning. Even though everything is under cover at the house, I was still eyeing a cell heading SE from Georgetown last night packing hail and 60 mph winds. Fortunately it pretty much skated by us just to the west, bringing only heavy rain. So far we've been living right, but with the way the next 7 days is shaping up weather wise, I'm beginning to wonder if it's merely a matter of time before we get beat on during an afternoon commute.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Looks like all of West Texas is stormy all the way from Lubbock to just west of the DFW metroplex. Hail is bearing down on us just two counties away at the moment. This has been a stormy week for sure and mostly at night which can be really frightening. Last night the wind was really bad with an inch of rain and thankfully no hail. One tree down and two large branches ripped off two others. The wind was just hissing out there in the dark and tonight looks like another bad one. We're happy that our baby is under cover. BTW, an excellent weather site is www.wunderground.com.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Mine got involved in a hail storm at the Bismark international rally years ago. Some work was done at Jackson Center but there are still a few marks on the roof. All this happened with a PO but if you use them there are times when you are just vunerable.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
I just received this from a friend who has a ranch near Cherokee, TX. His 2006 Classic 31 was in a beautiful big steel-framed barn and he thought it was completely safe there.
Sucked the water out of the toilets ?!!!! Yikes. I'll take 4-6 months of drizzle/rain over that anyday. Glad eveyone/everything is ok.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #30
Contributing Member

Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Johnson
Sucked the water out of the toilets ?!!!! Yikes. I'll take 4-6 months of drizzle/rain over that anyday. Glad eveyone/everything is ok.

Chris
Just got an email. $17,000 damage to barn and pumphouse. Classic 30 is at the dealer in Dublin for an estimate of damage.

Tornado went right between house and barn. Area was heavily forested. He said trees and limbs are still piled 20 feet deep between the buildings. It takes a chainsaw to go anywhere on the ranch.
WBCCI #9632
Old 05-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Sometime back there was a salvage site listed that had damaged trailers, does anyone know what site that was?
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Round Rock , Texas
www.salvagedirect.com was the site given to us by our insurance adjuster; however, we have not seen our trailer listed on that site as of yet (although we were out of town a few days).
stratosboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote