Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Greetings from wannabe!

Hello to all!

My wife, Dianne, and I have been considering getting a travel trailer again since we are now retired. We had a 27' Award about 20 years ago and enjoyed traveling with it. If we decide to get one it will most likely be an Airstream.

Yesterday we were at an Airstream dealer in Ft. Myers, FL and we met some Airstream owners (unfortunately we didn't get their names) who recommended this forum. So I'm here to learn and will be reading and posting questions I'm sure. So in advance I'd like to say thank you for being patient with an Airstream owner wannabe!

We live in south central PA and also have a place in central FL where we spend some of the winter months.

Best regards,

Bob
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Welcome Bob and Diane. My wife and I both retired in 2010 and before we did we got our Airstream. We have always camped, first in a pop up with the kids (for 17 years) and then we got a hybrid for the added luxury of indoor plumbing and a full sized fridge.

Knowing that we would be on the road a lot more the Airstream was a natural choice. We love traveling in it and all the choices it provides. Best wishes as you move along.

This forum is a great place for information of all sorts. The folks here are experienced, wise and friendly. Many times you might get "too much" information but then you get to pick and choose from all the options. Never hesitate to ask a question.

Dick
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
Welcome and good luck with your search for find your Airstream. I have learned so much from reading the posts on this forum. There are certainly many wise and veteran Airstreamers who are so willing to help. You might also want to join your local chapter of the Wally Byam Caravan Club to meet other folks in your area that love Airstreams.
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Thanks for your welcoming comments. Not knowing my way around the forum I was wondering where the best place would be to post questions relative to particular models and recommendations.

I would appreciate any direction given.

Thanks you!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
You can find lots of threads on specific models. Search by words you're interested in and see what you find. Post questions about anything you like. You'll get lots of opinions and usually some pretty good advice!

Welcome and enjoy!!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
You might want to visit Penn Wood - Airstream only park in New Bethlehem PA when they open.... April I think. PENNWOOD AIRSTREAM

Last time I was there they had a few used Airstreams for sale. Some owners have health problems. That is the usual reason for selling them.

Also, consider a visit to Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ - just across the river from Philly. You'll never see a bigger Airstream inventory.

Ask away, you're only 400 posts or so from being a grizzled veteran instead of a green rookie.

WELCOME!

Paula
Old 03-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
West Dummerston , Vermont
Welcome, and for sure you have come to the right place to gather info. We went the same course and in two weeks will be traveling to colonial Airstream to take delivery of our new Airstream. Retirement is about to get a whole lot better, for us, as I am sure it will for you. Good luck
2008 Triton TR186
ricks-vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
Welcome to one of the most informative forums on the internet! You were referred to an excellent research tool both as you ponder buying an Airstream, and then as an owner. Just don't let it all overwhelm you!

We are in Central Florida as well (home for us) and purchased a Flying Cloud 27 front bedroom from Bates in Tampa last November. Bates has sold their Tampa store and I hear excellent things about the new owners (Tampa RV?), including a major rehab/rebuild of their service facility (thought not ready yet). Our "Pete" is going to J.D. Sanders this coming Friday for work on a warranty item punch list while we have a non-camping week (we've been blessed with probably 30 or more nights in Pete so far).

If there's anything I can do to help you decide on an Airstream feel free to contact me as I bet we're pretty close while you're in Florida...........
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote