Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #1

2005 19' International CCD
Walla Walla , Washington
Greetings from Walla Walla!

My husband and I are new to the Airstream world. We recently purchased our 2005 19' International and have been busy moving in and learning how to do everything. The internet has been a wonderful resource. We have a lot of friends that have RV's, but none that have an Airstream. We didn't realize all the attention we would draw when we parked it in our drive way. We have enjoyed traveling the USA on a Harley for many years,and will still have to get a bike trip in each year or combine the two. I'm happy to say I'm through with tent camping. Airstream is to trailers as Harley's are to motorcycles. The best! I'm an RN and my husband is in computers. We haven't retired, but we talk about it alot. We have 2 long-haired weiner dogs, Edgar and Sophie that go along with us. We did our first official outing last weekend. We aren't too fast yet, but that will come with practice. We were thrilled when a big thunder storm hit and we didn't care!!! No worries! We just continued to watch our movie! Life is good!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Congratulations! Your dogs will love the trailer. Give them a little boost up on the perches on the tops of the backrests and they'll love surveying their kingdom. Our little one love the perch. Happy camping!

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Hello and welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new purchase!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Have fun with your trailer. Welcome to this forum.
Alan
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
"Tinbad ... the Trailer"

1971 25' Tradewind
1965 26' Overlander
Ferndale , Washington
Welcome fellow Washingtonians:
Bought an AS about a month ago and I still can't get enough of it. Remember on those road trips as a kid and my dad would say "thats an Airstream kids" with a tone of reverence. Guess it stuck. Bought a little land and rather than build a house I parked the trailer in the barn and work/live from there.
I notice a lot of AS's get handed down from parents.....guess those are "Heir-Steams"!
Having a hoot as I'm sure you will. I'm up near Ferndale if you get a chance to stop by.
Congrats
Del
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Welcome to the group. I live in Spokane but worked by way through college in the canneries down in Walla Walla back in the early 70's. You are going to like your new trailer. Best wishes.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats! That sounds like a nice little trailer

You might want to join the NW social group to keep up with local informal get-togethers. We try to rally several times a year. There's a pretty nice group of folks in the area. In fact we've got something coming up Memorial weekend. Janet would know if there's still room to camp, but even if you just wanted to cruise out and join us for a meal, you're welcome.

Airstream Forums - Northwest Streamers

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. You've found the right place for the best Airstream information on the planet.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #9

2005 19' International CCD
Walla Walla , Washington
Wow! Nice to hear from people all ready. We got a super deal on our AS in Spokane. Nick at Spokane Airstream was really great to work with. We have spent the last few weeks making it ours. I kept all the original fabrics and all, but made everything in red and black. (Wasn't really a yellow and olive green person). Red really pops with the silver. We added some vintage travel posters and a lot of pillows. It's so comfortable and fun! We just love it. So far it's been in our driveway, so if I can't find Perry or visaversa, check the trailer. A quiet hideaway! Hopefully we can check out a rally here in the Northwest in the near future.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Same Thoughts

My wife and I tent camped before and with our kids for years. When they left home she decided that she had had enough of tents and wanted an Airstream. We got OB Bambi in 2006 and had Dinah our Golden Retreiver, then came Cujo the minature poodle...both great with the Airstream. Bottom line...dogs are very adaptable to trailers...ours liked Airstreams. I predict yours will too. Hey, they're not stupid! Welcome to the forums. (Dinah and Bambi are on my profile)

Randy Bowman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	130053   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	130054  

Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2005 18' Westphalia
Evans , GA
Greetings from a fellow Washingtonian misplaced in GA...since 1985!
I was born in Pasco, grew up in Kennewick, went to WSU, moved to SLO, CA and met and married a Pittsburgher whose job landed us in GA.

GA has a sweet onion too. They call it a Vidalia onion. It looks and tastes just like a normal yellow onion to me. I think it is just a cleaver marketing ploy used to sell large bags of onions as school fundraisers.

Make sure you post photos. We love to see how others personalize their rigs. I am a huge fan if the CCDs myself. We had a 28' prior to our Westy.
Bird's Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Kirkland , Washington
Hey there from Kirkland! We just got our 19' in feb. I wanted to go out and see the trailer you bought, even talked to Nick, the pics looked great. But my wife got her heart set on the serenity so there was no talking her out of it. Either way, Bambis rock! We're very happy with our decision on size and like the neighbor conversations we get from parking it right in the driveway. Maybe we'll run into you at a park sometime. Headed to fort Flagler tonight!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
We have a great dane that loves to go in the large silver thingy!

Here's ours getting mad at us because we've been doing a lot of packing, and he thinks we're getting ready to go on a trip:

And here's another with his little "sister" chilling on the floor:

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote