Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Labelle , Florida
Greetings from VT

My wife and I purchased a 2007 Safari SE FB 25ft last September. Have been lurking and have learned a lot and realize have a lot more to learn. In the process of switching to two leather recliners in the lounge area, putting in new Alure ultra flooring and going to a porcelain throne. Have pulled the belt line on the back to do a better sealing job. Had some water damage to floor but wasn't rotted yet. I knew to look from reading the air forums. Used some penetrating epoxy to reinforce the plywood. Found it disappointing that the dealer did not know what the previous owner did to stain the linoleum........yeah right. Just ordered a set of Sendel T03 rims and some Michelins. Think we are operating on a wing and a prayer on the current tires because I believe they are the original ones to the trailer based on manufacture date. But fortunately we had no problems with 15k miles we drove since purchase. Will feel a lot safer in two weeks with the new wheels and tires.

Safe travels,
Bill
VTSafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Welcome!! VT is beautiful! Maybe we'll see you in the road sometime. We're from CT. Enjoy!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
This Jerseygirl loves VT. Our daughter went to school in Bennington(SVC) and pur son is working a Farm/Wilderness Camp this Summer near Killington. Tires scare the heck out of me. I change every three years even if they dont need it. Sbb
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Please post pictures of your recliners. I'm about 90 per cent sure that at the end of the summer I'm going to "divest" my new trailer of the L seat sofa (the "L" stands for LOUSY in terms of comfort), and go to recliners!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote