Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Greetings from Vermont

We are now the proud owners of a 69 GT! We are new to airstreaming, but have had a camper before. We found our baby sitting between the old schoolhouse and the church in the little town of East Salisbury VT. The owners were renevating both properties into vacation homes for their family and used her for a guest bedroom. They purchased from the original owner who had her parked on a local lakeside lot. Well, we fell in love and brought her home. I hope we made a good deal! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how.
We are going to do some restoration and replacement of fridge, tanks and hoping to find some help with redoing the bath area, as well as, decorate!
We have camped before and have big plans for our AS. Our daughter has moved to Arizona and I hate flying! So.... we are hoping to see some sites along the way. I know we will be taking advantage of the forums, so many thanks in advance.

Liz and Pat
lcarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Liz and Pat...

First welcome to the Airforums...you're in the best place for all thing Airstream...and a lot of folks with a lot of knowledge they are willing to share.

Second, congrats on your new baby... Have fun getting her ready for the road and when you get ready to head to AZ to visit your daughter let us know and we'll point you to some great places to camp!

Travel well!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forum and all things Airstream!

This is a great resource, ask any and all questions! Be sure and post a few pics, we really love pictures here! Congrats on your new Airstream! The GT is a great little trailer! Hope you can get out and enjoy it before the season is through!
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
Welcome, Vermonter.

Noticed photos at the top of the portals page, she looks nice and you look ecstatic.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Congrats on the trailer! That's one of my favorite floor plans - love the rear corner bath and back berth design.

Enjoy!

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Congratulations Liz and Pat. I saw your pics at the top of the page, and it was love at first sight for me too! That looks like a beautiful, clean unit. I love the floor plan. Have fun decorating!

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Thanks! Would love your recomendations!!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Thanks and we visited your website. What beautiful work you do. Hope to meet sometime
Liz and Pat
Old 07-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Thanks for making us feel so welcome.
La nd P
Old 07-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Thanks Lisa and Paul for making us feel so welcome to the forums!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
1965 24' Tradewind
Southington , Connecticut
Welcome

Hi Liz & Pat

Congratulations on your GT. This has always been one of my favorite airstreams.

If you are interested in WBCCI (the Airstream Club). We are holding a rally in your area next week at the Chaplain Valley Expo Center in Essex Jct.. It is a regional rally with trailers from all of New England and Eastern Canada. There will be a seminar on airstream structure from one of the most knowledgeable airstream rebuilders. There will be a vintage open house. The editor from Airstream Life will also be giving a presentation. Besides it is a great time to view other trailers, met interesting people, get alot of good food and see what WBCCI is about.

For information on the rally see WBCCI Region 1 Rally. There are 2 rates Wed-Sun also Fri pm -Sun.

We would love to see you 69 GT and share in your enthusiasm.

Bard
96Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
interest in WBCCI

Yes, we are interested in joining. I have already checked out the website and knew about the Essex Junction Rally. That was the original goal. However as things go sometimes- when we seriously tested the water, we noticed a small "pinhole" sized leak in the tank- we pulled up tiles and followed the water and now have some floor replacement to do. Additionally, we were aware of floor rot that presented as the result of rear window vandalism at some point. So.... IF YOU WANT TO DO IT RIGHT.... we now have a shell and are debating whether or not we should attempt a frame-off restoration. I don't know where this saga is rightfully posted. blogs, perhaps? Anyway, the question remains, can we join and take advantage of visiting the rally to get some needed advice and information from your presentations without our "IO" ( name of AS- Greek mythology) ?

Liz and Pat Carvey
The Antique Recyclers
(having been in the collector's and antiques's business, if you want it, we probably have one)
Old 07-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
GO to the Rally!!!!!

GO if you can - even if "IO" is uninhabitable! You'll get more helpful advice and hands on experience there than you will in a month of reading. If you feel that the Airstream isn't towable at the moment, I'm sure they'll invite you if you have to stay in a tent or a cabin. Great folks up there in New England.

fear not the frame off ! Others have travelled that road. (I didn't but that's cause I'm old and lazy... I figgered a new one was cheaper in the end and campable on day one. But the vintage units do have a charm that eludes me in my slick 2006.)

Welcome, Paula
Old 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Castleton , Vermont
Thanks for the encouragement, Paula!

Since I have lots of time during summer vacation ( high school English teacher) I spend some time on this website. Thanks for all the support!! We hope to come with or without our baby. I am tryning to convince my husband that he wants to sleep on the floor with an air matress do some dry camping. Not sure if I'm having any luck, but Essex Juntion is close enough for a day trip. We would like to visit and join in the group.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
Also consider the Vintage Trailer Jam over in Saratoga Springs, August 12-16. Trailers are not limited to Airstreams, but there will be many vintage units as well as talks and demonstrations, some by Colin Hyde of GSM in Plattsburgh.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote