Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
tampa , Florida
Greetings from the South!

Hey yall,
new members (my wife and I) here! Probably a little younger than most (at least that was the way it was at the 2006 FL Rally). We met a lot of great people there! Everybody was so kind and generous!

Anyway glad to be here. We've had our 2004 28ft International CCD for about 3 years now and love it! Greetings from the South!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Greetings and welcome to the forums from another young(er) coupler.

Steve

Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from Central Time Florida

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. We are in Santa Rosa Beach, about 40 miles east of Pensacola. We have a son in Seminole Heights with a 19' Bambi.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Greetings back to you from Chicago Land!! You have about two years on us but we also love our 19' Ocean Breeze Bambi. In two weeks, we're heading out for two weeks of camping and working out of the trailer in a State Park at the confluence of the Wisconsin & Mississippi Rivers.

I am fortunate in that I can work from anyplace where I can get cell phone service, Internet connectivity and can get to an airport in a reasonable time frame. This park is high on a bluff and has access to all three. For obvious reasons, we have named our A/S "The Field Office".

Regards,

Jerry
Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Greetings! You are close to our favorite campground (Fort Desoto).

Join us in the fall at Hiawassee - for Falluminum! A great group of folks, a lot of fun.

Safe travels!
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forum! And, greetings from a little old lady from California...

One of the things we have really enjoyed with Airstreamers ~ we all have fun, everyone from 9 months to 99 years! The rallies are great and we all know we are just one happy family!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
tampa , Florida
Wow what a warm welcome!

Wow thanks everyone for the warm welcome! First off:

Soldiermedic, Thanks to you! My brother-in-law is in Baghdad now. I appreciate all you guys do for us!

Moosetags, I'd like to hear more about that name... That's funny I use to live in Seminole Heights on teh corner of Paris and Branch. Great area!

JerryMcMunn, That's awesome about workin out of your AS! MY wife and I are self employed, but have not been brave enought to make the leap like you. We've talked about it and may have an opportunity soon for an extended trip. Is 2 weeks your average length of stay? How do you stay connected, specifically?

nilesrob, We love fort desoto too, for obvious reasons. We also love the dog beach there- the best we've found. I know of no where else you dog can play unleashed in the surf (legally). Hiawassee sounds interesting. I looked for the fall festival online and wasnt sure which it was, got a link?

CaddyGrn, We love your home state! We have family in CA and one day would like to make the cross country trek in the tin can!!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effd-up
Wow thanks everyone for the warm welcome! First off:

JerryMcMunn, That's awesome about workin out of your AS! MY wife and I are self employed, but have not been brave enought to make the leap like you. We've talked about it and may have an opportunity soon for an extended trip. Is 2 weeks your average length of stay? How do you stay connected, specifically?
Yes, so far we have done it in two week increments. With more experience, we hope to be out for longer without, of course, having to take vacation time from the job.

I work on salary plus commission so I am very motivated to do the work that results in commissions. The trick seems to be to use the time wisely regardless of whether I'm working from The Home Office (as I am doing today) or The Field Office.

I use a Verizon Cellular Treo Smart Phone for voice and a Verizon Cellular Wireless PCMCIA AirCard with my laptop for data. I sync the two with a USB wire but that could also be done wirelessly, I suppose. Sometimes I can get WiFi in a campground but I prefer the security of the AirCard.

The monthly charge for the data service includes unlimited data and my employer pays for the service. The employer also pays for the monthly cell charges......I use that phone only for business.

As for the connection to airports, I beam myself to and from them!!!!

Okay, that was a joke............... The plan is for my wife to provide round trip ground transpostation but the need for it has not not yet come up. I do take business clothes and a small suitcase along in case I get surprised and need to fly.

Is the nature of your business such that you could do something like this?

Regards,

Jerry
Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums. Nice forum name.

We have been dying to try Ft. Desoto, but can't stay awake late enough to get a ressie at the stroke of mid-night!

In addition to the Falluminum there is also a Springstream at Hiawasee and in January we have the Florida Can Opener at Topsail Hill State Park near between Destin and Santa Rosa Beach...Brian has a short trip to that one.

You should try to make it to some of those rallies; they are great...great food, great people, and lots of Airstreams to tour.

Again, welcome to the forums.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Welcome from Tennessee! Do a search for Falluminum or Springstream and you will find the links for the North Georgia rallies. We usually have between 25 - 55 units and lots of fun!

We'll be in Melbourne in July. Not camping, but staying with friends near the beach. I hear they have an awesome Airstream Park there and hopefully will get the chance to check it out.

Come on up sometime! We would love to see ya!

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote