Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Allen , Texas
Greetings from Texas

First of all, everything that I have ever heard about Airstreams are true. They are expensive, they have the most style, and the owners are the most passionate group people (about their AS's )that you will ever meet. I must admit I have been a member for a while but have been reluctant to post a thread. I did not want to ask too many questions, so I thought that I would just read for awhile.

I suppose I was infected with this thing that some refer to as "Aluminutitis of the brain" about 4 years ago. Like many of you, I just thought that those "silver bullets" going down the road were soooo cool. I also heard from many people that this was a quality product that would stay in the family for generations to come. My wife and I are huge NASCAR fans (Go #20) and we throughly enjoy going to the races. Until now we have been tent camping. It was fun, but we were tired of the hot, cold and Port-o-potty's. It was this past August sitting in the 98 degree sun in Bristol TN, I drew the line. I knew that we were going to continue going to the races so I thought we should at least be comfortable and in style. If you can imagine that at a NASCAR race.

My wife and I have recently purchase a 2004 28' International. It was really important for my wife to have plenty of room for our 3 young children, so we went with a larger unit. We found the right deal at the right time, so we went for it. The first owner gave the trailer the name "Applied Faith". After reading the story (the second owner kept great records) I felt this was completely fitting for us as well. This weekend We are going to take her out for the first family outing. Soooo, here we are and ready to go camping. I have several questions so I am sure that you will be seeing my post. I will do my very best to search for existing answers before posting.

BTW- If there are any NASCAR fans we will be in Texas in Nov. and would love to hear from you.
highsidepass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome to the forums. Sounds like you did your homework and picked a size trailer that would work for everyone. And yes... we have a few nascar fans.... bristol under the lights is one of the the best destinations on the planet!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Welcome to the forums...you gonna love it here...the "air" is really nice!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome. Congratulations on your new Airstream. Please ask away. People here really want to help you and we want to be able to answer your questions. Don't be shy. We're on this sight because we want to share our experiences and what we have learned through trial and error. I'm a dog show, camping out type of person; however, I do go past the Texas Motor Speedway every time I go visit my daughter. Lots of us Okies will be down in Texas this week-end at our favorite sporting event.....the OU /Texas football game. Go Sooners!
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the forums...glad you could gfinally post and say "hey"...we won't bite...really! And congrats on your new Airstream...you're gonna love it...

TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Welcome
It's sounds as if you really approached getting your Airstream with a lot of thought and I'm sure will be very happy with your new baby. Good luck
DC
Don Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Cool Greetings from your northern neighbors....

Congrats on your new baby.

If you ever come to the Kansas Speedway, we are just 20 minutes from there. Courtesy parking with water and electric.

The race on Sunday had big rain delays (well, you probably know that). We are in the monsoon season here!

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from Central Time Florida

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Your Airstream needs a better name like Fern or Agnes. We are not big NASCAR fans, but we are former tent campers. You're going to love Airstreaming. Check out the Forums Rally in Santa Rosa Beach (50 miles east of Pensacola) on the first vweekend in January. Kid are welcome and it's on the most most beautiful beach in the world.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote