Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Medford , Southern Oregon
Thanks for the replies everyone...... we have decided on the 25' Int'l and will keep saving our pennies. Would love to order a '13 within the next six months. I'm already purchasing items for the trailer :-)

Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Kirkland , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orson View Post
We dealt with Mark at Sutton RV in Eugene and had a most pleasant, win win experience.
I fully agree. I also worked with Mark on my recent trailer and can't say enough good things about him or Sutton. No car salesman games, just a good family business.

funny thing, Mrs Sutton brought in home cooked meals for their whole team while I was there. Never seen that before.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Mercer Island , Washington
[/QUOTE]sakthorpWe did see the twin option in the catalog, on both the 25' and 27' models. I noted that they are not as wide as industry standard twins..... must you get custom sheets from Airstream?

My husband likes that you gain outside storage but then you sacrifice some storage inside. And I wonder about the hassle of making the bed and the cold wall. [/QUOTE]

Making the beds doesnt seem to be that much of a hassle to us - mattresses are pretty easy to manhandle. Some complain about the cold walls - I havent experienced that, but we just got the rig a few months ago and have yet to do any REAL cold weather camping (every night camping in the northwest is a little cold ) The PO had left some long round cushions that seem to keep you away from the walls too.

What i really like about the twin is the wide aisle. Lots of room to move around and get dressed.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Medford , Southern Oregon
Thanks for the reply.

We have decided to go with the twins for the storage access from the exterior of the Airstream as well as the aisle in the bedroom. Never thought my husband and I would sleep in twin beds but when we stay in hotels we often feel crowded in a queen due to my 'woman of a certain age' sleeping challenges. I see the cold wall in the Airstream as a plus

SNIP:

Making the beds doesnt seem to be that much of a hassle to us - mattresses are pretty easy to manhandle. Some complain about the cold walls - I havent experienced that, but we just got the rig a few months ago and have yet to do any REAL cold weather camping (every night camping in the northwest is a little cold ) The PO had left some long round cushions that seem to keep you away from the walls too.

What i really like about the twin is the wide aisle. Lots of room to move around and get dressed.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
I also have interacted with Mark at Sutton and think he is a square guy.

Tony