Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Greetings from newbie in Las Vegas

Greetings from newbie in Las Vegas.

After researching for over 2 years and going to many huge rv shows (the last one in Pomona, CA last Oct) I have finally decided this morning to purchase the 2018 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT. Many of my friends have commented on how long it is taking me to decide. The irony is the AI was the 1st one that got me started on my search. And over 2 years later, I have come full circle to the realization that I could not find any other Class B from another manufacturer that would be a better fit for what I want than the AI.

So off I go today to get my finances & insurance lined up, then the search for the best deal anywhere in the continental US begins. I do not know why, but rv dealers in Las Vegas are not known for offering good deals (never mind excellent deals). So, as much as I like to patronize local businesses, there is huge savings to be had by searching nationwide.

I have learned a lot from reading posts in this forum, even prior to me becoming a member. This forum has definitely helped me understand the AI so well before I even saw the 1st one in person. So, Thank You to all in this forum. I don't even have an Airstream yet and you have already helped.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

As to buying a new Airstream, I would first review the inventory at Colonial Airstream in Lakewood, New Jersey. Call them and get a price for the one that you want. Then use their price to do some checking around closer to home. Colonial's price is most often on the low end of the spectrum.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
BRIAN,
Thank you. In fact, even though I am in Las Vegas, I was already willing to go all the way to Colonial to get the best price. But with me, once I make the decision, things happen very fast. Was not really expecting much from the brand new spanking Airstream-only exclusive dealer (the only 1 in NV). But gave them a chance today. I believe in giving local businesses a chance to earn my business.

Well. long sorry short, we made a deal on a brand new dealer inventory 2018 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT (virtually no miles, just the obligatory test drive, under 60miles). Exactly the color combo I wanted w/ VB air suspension. I don't want to go too much on details of the deal coz I do not want to 'rain on' someone else's good deal or someone raining on mine. But, suffice it to say, it was hard to pass up, after a fair amount of negotiating. I was buying today, they knew it, so we cut most of the 'dance' in between. Double-digit % off of MSRP. If I could've saved more money going to Colonial or FL, my time and driving back to LV would've eaten up all that. Not to mention I now have a working relationship w/ the local dealer.

I could've saved more on a new 2107, but what sealed this 2018 deal was not so much the price (though obviosuly huge factor) but this unit came with the E&P Hydraulic Leveling system option. Was such a big surprise and bonus to me, it was hard to contain my poker face. Well, obviously it's not free (almost $8,000 msrp factory option), but I never thought it was out already. The rep said I may be one of 1st batch to get them. Hopefully, I am not the bug tester.

I think I will post this to the AI subgroup coz this would be welcome news for lots who want it.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Congratulations on finding the Airstream of your dreams close by, for immediate delivery, and at a price you can live with.

May you have safe travels and many great Airstream Adventures with her.

We would love to see some pictures of her.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado and welcome to the Airstream community. Your Interstate is the top seller in its class. I'm a trailer guy, so I don't know much about them. You did mention the automatic leveling system. That is a big plus when setting up and moving out of a campsite. I would expect it to work very well as such systems have been around for a long time. Airstream is not the first to use them.

Safe travels,

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote