Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1973 Argosy 26
Bemus Point , New York
Cool Greetings fellow aluminum addicts

Hello Folks,
I bought my 1973 Argosy 26 in the spring of 1992, did some quick repairs hooked it up to our Suburban and took my family on a two month tour of the US. The kids were 12,11 and 8 at the time and it was the pivotal experience for them I had hoped it would be. As a result all their grades dramatically improved, they gained a deep love and appreciation for their country and meeting people on our travels sparked their ambitions for the future. I have one daughter who is a geology teacher (300 pounds of rocks on the trip) and one who is a meteorologist for the USAF. My son started his own contracting business but was on his way to entering the USCG academy when he was taken from us in a motorcycle accident. We haven't done much traveling since but used the trailer for camping, a guest cabin and secluded study. Now that everyone has left the nest, and I retired,the old farm is up for sale and the Argosy is getting another tune-up in preparation for relocation to south central Colorado. It will be my home, office and hamshack while I hunt for the perfect piece of land to build a home and a new chapter. The trailer is in extraordinary shape for its age but has a little floor rot at the door, rust on the edge of the front and rear domes at their joint to the aluminum and today I managed to break the right front window with an errant stone from the lawn mower. That is how I happened upon this site. I love my vintage aluminum time capsule it keeps me connected with the past, present and future. Roll on fellow travelers and enjoy.

Aluminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
First of all, welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here on any subject you want to refurbish/restore an Airstream. I understand the 300#'s of rocks and appreciate the USAF Meterologist...I am a retired USAF pilot. I offer the condolences of all of us on the passing of your son. He would, I'm sure, have made a fine cadet at the USCG Academy. Your loss is our loss.
Press on with the Airstream in his memory, and use this forum for any expertise you may need. Of course, we like pictures. God speed, and welcome to the Forum.

Air 16426

Fully retired now!
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to theses Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Your Argosy is truely a family heirloom, and must be preserved. We mourn with you the passing of your son, and celebrate with you the accomplishments of your daughters.

We are sure that the Old Aargosy will take you to the right place in Colorado. We also hope that the old girl will take you on many other fun adventures.

Safe travels.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums. It is always a pleasure to "meet" a veteran airstreamer! We wish you well on the road.

The loss of a loved one is always difficult, but carrying on something good in their name to "Play it forward" is always a great memorial to them.

Welcome again.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote