Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mount Vernon , Washington
Greetings

I am a new member as of a few day ago and am excited about the prospects of buying an Airstream. I am currently looking for a older Airstream or possibly an Argosy. Any opinions about Argosy's? While I think it would be great fun to buy a project my time right now is somewhat limited so am looking for one that is in good shape with minor needs.

I live about 70 miles North of Seattle, WA and if you know of any trailers available in the Northwest I would appreciate hearing about them.
Thanks
SJ
SJ Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Try Ebay --Airstream ,nearest first,Craig`s list Seattle,you might find one next door,nothing against Argosy,I just like being able to shave in the side of my Airstream.Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Welcome Aboard

SJ,
Welcome to the group. Have you tried the classified adds here? You might just get lucky. Everybody here will tell you the same thing, look at lots and lots of trailers. Maybe attend a local rally and see what size and floor plan you like. Also use the search function as a tool. A better search is from google. Enter "trailer inspection site:www.airforums.com" and you will get a pretty good list of threads containing the words "trailer inspection".

As for model year I would suggest staying in the 10-20 year range unless you really want a project. Nice trailers are out there, but sometimes a little hard to find and are long way off. Conversely you will also encounter money pits that are younger than 10 years. It all depends on trailer location and PO (previous owners).

So hunker down, start looking, and keep us posted on your progress. Also be aware that if you find a trialer that is a little far from home, there are folks on the forum willing to do inspections for you, if the trailer isn't too far away for them. Check out this thread...Need A Volunteer Inspector?
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote