Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Vintage Kin
Corpus Christi , Texas

Okay, that Silver Streak candidate is back. Mid-1970's or later, 28' (1975-1977), and appears to be in decent to good to very good overall original condition.

Near Temple. Worth your time. (Worth mine had I the cash and further photos showed nothing serious).

Silver Streak 8by30

By appearance I'd rather have this one than the one I am currently saddled with. This is the "classic" SS floorplan. The weight is extremely well-balanced and it has unending amounts of storage. The bathroom on one of these is enormous in comparision to some A/S trailers (prior to wide bodies).

If it shows no signs of plumbing breaks (or roof damage) it's a heckuva price.

Even has the original reverse chrome wheels. (I polished the bejesus out of the ones on my Dad's '75 model). The OEM factory look was with WW tires. GVWR on these is the same whether 28' or 32' at 8k. Probably at 6,600# empty (water & propane aboard). Those tanks & batt box are oem (a good sign among many).

I'd ask over the phone about the front wing window gold anodized covers. With any luck they're stored in place under the big center window cover.

Had a prospective buyer from another region ask me about an SS candidate. Wish this was close enough for them to have a look-see.

1990 35' Silver Streak Sterling; 9k GVWR.
2004 DODGE Cummins 305/555; 6-manual; 9k GVWR.
Hensley Arrow. 10-cpm solo, 18-cpm towing
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote