Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Congratulations

Congratulations on your anniversary and the Airstream. The rig is really nice looking. Next comes the interior decorating. Our Bambi took on an Asian theme...lots of bamboo and teak. I must say that I like it.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

Randy Bowman
OB Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #22

Currently Looking...
moses lake , Washington
[millermayhem grabs some towels to assist with the leak...]

Congratulations on 15 years machead, or am I misinterpeting the name?
millermayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
New Braunfels , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermayhem View Post
[millermayhem grabs some towels to assist with the leak...]

Congratulations on 15 years machead, or am I misinterpeting the name?
Nope. You nailed it.
machead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Happy Anniversary, and Great Move!

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Gloucester , Virginia
That is one sweet Airstream. Congrats on the anniversery. My vote for next year is a shiny new tow vehicle to match it. Don't sweat the leak thing. Everybodies has sprung a leak a time or two. For all I know it's been raining in mine for the last forty years. Well done!
JFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
New Braunfels , Texas
Well we got the AS back from the dealer and went out this weekend (Sat thru Mon) for the maiden voyage. Woke up Sunday morning with water on the floor. It did not rain. We had the roof fans open during the night. We never turned on the AC but in the wee hours of the morning we did close the fans and turn on the furnace. The water was coming from under the closet (the one next to the fridge) wall into the bed area. No water inside the closet though. There was not water in the back area behind the fridge and the drain tube was dry.

Thought well maybe it's water that was already in roof from the other leak. No joy. All day Sunday the water was seeping out from under the wall.

Woke up Monday morning and the water was still there. Actually soaked up into the blankets that had shifted from the bed.

So back to the dealer she went. No idea how long she'll be there this time.

Not a happy camper here.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
This is starting to sound like a plumbing problem. Good luck.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #28
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
First of all Machead, I am confused. Nothing strange in that, but in this case it's about your 2008 23' FB. My 2008 brochure does not show a 23' FB. Later, Airstream started making a 23' FB, maybe in 2009, certainly for 2010.

But it does sound like a plumbing problem. In our 25' FB there's a lot of plumbing under the closet next to the fridge and it includes the water pump. There's a hidden door under the wardrobe that you have to pry open with your finger (it opens to the left in ours) and then you can see all the stuff under the closet.

Leaks are part of the Airstream experience. Some of it is the inevitable result of pulling a trailer down the road over bumps, potholes and bouncy roads. Part of it is sloppy construction and poor design on the part of the Airstream factory. We've had 5 roof and window leaks so far, most fixed under warranty, but the warranty is over. Part of the supplies to take with you are sealant (no silicone, doesn't work on aluminum), caulking gun, and collapsible ladder. And towels of course. One of the strange parts of the Airstream factory tour is when they show you a trailer being water tested. It's strange because you know there will soon be leaks and they don't blast the trailer hard enough.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
New Braunfels , Texas
Don't know what to tell you about the brochure. We got all the original manuals and paperwork with the unit. There is a laminated paper that lists everything installed and it has on the top 2008 Safari SE 23FB.

We had the AS hooked to city water (with a regulator on the source end of the hose). The fresh water tank was empty and so we didn't need to turn the pump on. We would turn on the water heater when we needed it and so otherwise it was off.

Previous to this we had a 2006 Rockwood Roo (19'). Never had a single problem with it in the years we had it. Sad to think that the Roo had better quality control than the AS.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #30
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by machead View Post
Don't know what to tell you about the brochure. We got all the original manuals and paperwork with the unit. There is a laminated paper that lists everything installed and it has on the top 2008 Safari SE 23FB.

We had the AS hooked to city water (with a regulator on the source end of the hose). The fresh water tank was empty and so we didn't need to turn the pump on. We would turn on the water heater when we needed it and so otherwise it was off.

Previous to this we had a 2006 Rockwood Roo (19'). Never had a single problem with it in the years we had it. Sad to think that the Roo had better quality control than the AS.
Mac', it is sad QC is better on many other RV's.

That water pump area has other plumbing and the leak could be coming from a number of fittings. There are water fittings on the exterior and the exterior shower that are in that area too.

They may have started making the 23' FB in mid model year and never changed the brochure.

I hope you get it back soon without leaks.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
New Braunfels , Texas
Dealer called and said the leak was from the water pump.