Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
La Mesa , California
Good Day All!

Howdy!

My wife and I are new to trailering and hope to get into a used Airstream in the not-too-distant future. Mostly to hang out with our dirt bike riding buddies a couple of times a year in the Anza Borrego Desert area.
I do most of my traveling by motorcycle these days, and I've grown weary of camping the old, "is that a rock under my somewhat deflated air mattress?" style of camping.
We hope to meet some nice folks out on the road as well, as we love to travel together and this will be our four-wheeled (plus two) alternative to the bike.
We live in La Mesa, Kah-lee-for-ne-yuh (San Diego County) and enjoy living in near the ocean. Just wanted to say hello. Happy Trails to you all.
MotorDJBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome to the forums. Good luck on your Airstream hunt - your back will thank you.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Hi Moto....Wow someone with my similar interests....My dream is to be able to pack the bikes....a nice orange one! and (anything that I can get my husband to ride upright) in the back of our truck and have the AS in tow. There are so many great places to explore...I'd love to get out to Michigan....the say they have more trails than roads!! My idea of paradise!
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Welcome and happy trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda
Hi Moto....Wow someone with my similar interests....My dream is to be able to pack the bikes....a nice orange one! and (anything that I can get my husband to ride upright) in the back of our truck and have the AS in tow. There are so many great places to explore...I'd love to get out to Michigan....the say they have more trails than roads!! My idea of paradise!
It is a great place our Michigan, the sun shines almost everyday
Here's a link to some info about our trails.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Hi Steph,

Thanks for the great link...I have it bookmarked. 3,100 miles of trails....I'm drooling...you can't beat that. Teepee's and cabins just might have to suffice until I get me an AS....just like moto, I am lookin' and lurkin' in here...so much info just wants me to get something to tinker on....but then that would be opening a can of worms and then I'd have no time to ride!! Thanks again for the info...I'm sure there will be others that can benifit from it also.

Ann
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Yelm , Washington
Ride on !

Motor, you are on my wavelength buddy. Have you been to Burrego or "Blow Sands" lately. Highway 8 to the east, buggies and dirt bikes.

I saw an Airstream tooling down the road last month ( an old one) with a state of the art dirt bike tied down in the bed of the truck. I wondered, why it had been so many years. It brought back memories of riding through the desert on my Husqvarna and watching the paddle wheel buggies striving to reach the top of "Blow Sands".

Cool memory, I think a decent dirt bike is in my future, linked closely to my precious Airstream of course. Good look in your search and be a ridiculous stickler. Don't settle for a damaged or compromised coach unless you don't want more money to spend on your dirt bike. Be cautious, have mercy and good luck !

-Jim Phillips
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #7

Currently Looking...
La Mesa , California
Many thanks for the warm reception, everone!
Although I love the thought of adventure of it all, I'll only be crossing one bridge at a time. We're starting w/ the AS, then a new street bike (Honda GoldWing, what else?), then maybe a sand toy. I'm definitely not a serious sand person, but I have loads of fun just being w/ my buds and camping out in the desert. The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular this time of the year, and we all love to cook outdoors. And, nothing beats the evening campfire comraderie.

We're looking forward to learning a lot and having fun in the process. We absolutely insist on enjoying life!

Happy Trails!
Bear
MotorDJBear is offline   Reply With Quote