Old 07-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Glad to be here!!

First off, my grandparents were full time Airstreamers from 1966-1971. They did all the Wally Byam Caravans and rallys all over North America. I was pretty young at that time and didn't have much interest in their travels. But, when I retired in 2002 (I was still pretty young) I hit the road fulltime in a SOB motorhome. In 2004 I bought my first Harley, sold my tow car and bought a small motorcycle trailer. In 2005 I traded the motorhome for a SOB toy hauler trailer. Then in 2007 I bought a house in Sun City, AZ, where I now spend my winters, but still travel to cooler places during the summer. But now finances tell me it's time to put my maps away and spend my summers on my little piece of land in the AZ mountains. Instead of permenantly parking my SOB toy hauler on my land, I recently came up with the brilliant idea of selling the toy hauler and purchasing an older Airstream. I've been doing a lot of reading and research and I'm thinking of a '73-'83 31 footer. I think any of the bath and bedroom configuration would be acceptable. I'm still working out, in my mind, all the details of selling, shopping, purchasing, transporting, setting up, updating and repairing, (I'm sure I missed something. Oh, did I mention updating and repairing?). If I go though with this plan, I can see that this web site will be invaluable. Glad to be here!!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forums!

Your plan sounds good, especially the part about getting out of the heat in the summer. We have a good group of streamers here in the valley, hope to see you at one of our rallies one day.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Thanks, azflycaster. I hope to meet you and many others someday. Right now I'm in Loveland, CO.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV H-D Lady View Post
If I go though with this plan, I can see that this web site will be invaluable. Glad to be here!!
You are at the right place.
Welcome

Dan
Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Welcome to airforums.com, RV H-D Lady!

I don't see where you mentioned what you used as a TV for your toy hauler, but if it's a a truck with a good-sized box, you can still take the Harley with you while towing an AS and have a "best of all worlds" situation.

See you down the road!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forums. Your forum name is quite appropriate if you are looking to pick up an older Airstream: RV H-D Lady...does that stand for Home Depot? No doubt you'll be a frequent visitor...ask me how I know. I ride my Harley less and less since getting our AS. And now we have two. Go for it...it's alot of enjoyment. Best part is meeting other airstreamers!

Bob
TAC PA-5
Old 07-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Welcome!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Welcome to airforums.com, RV H-D Lady!

I don't see where you mentioned what you used as a TV for your toy hauler, but if it's a a truck with a good-sized box, you can still take the Harley with you while towing an AS and have a "best of all worlds" situation.

See you down the road!
Aage, I think I mentioned my truck somewhere on here, maybe on my profile??? But.... I have a beautiful 2003 dark grey Dodge 2500 4 door, short bed diesel. An automatic motorcycle loader might be an option to consider. But with the short bed, maybe not. I have enjoyed traveling with my bike. But it does seem there are little trade offs for everything.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
Welcome to the forums. Your forum name is quite appropriate if you are looking to pick up an older Airstream: RV H-D Lady...does that stand for Home Depot? No doubt you'll be a frequent visitor...ask me how I know. I ride my Harley less and less since getting our AS. And now we have two. Go for it...it's alot of enjoyment. Best part is meeting other airstreamers!

Bob
TAC PA-5
Roadrunner,
I browsed through a Home Depot this morning, while waiting for a Harely shop to open. I did check out a few things that could possibly be used in an older Airstream. = ) I've definitely gotten the bug!!!