Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Getting Started 2

Purchased a 2015 25' Flying Cloud last October and put it in storage without even doing the walk through or prep. Dealer is going to do it in about a month as soon as Michigan decides that winter is over. My wife and I will dabble at this whole camping out thing for the next several years as we work and pay for the Airstream. We think there are plenty of places in Michigan to keep us occupied for the next 5 years or so.

Beyond this if our health holds out and the creek don't rise we'll put the Gypsy Traveler to good use visiting our kids in faraway places. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the forum and will share from time to time. Right now I'd like to know about campgrounds in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana where we might find other Airstream owners. We're planning on attending this years Alumapalooza in Jackson Center, Ohio so we may see some of you there.

We have a 92 pound Weimaraner named Jagermeister who will travel with us so any tips on Airstreaming with dogs would be useful.
GypsyTravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
RAH
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
We will also be at Alumapalooza. I will look for your dog and introduce myself!

Our favorite campgrounds in Michigan
Lake Fanny Hooe in Copper Harbor (next to Fort Wilkins state park)
In Houghton/Hancock, the city of Hancock has a nice municipal campground
In Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan side), Aune-Osborn Campground. It is so close to the locks that when the ships go by it is like watching a building float by silently. Nice July 4th fireworks too
In Ohio, Maumee Bay State Park outside of Toledo we have enjoyed.

This is all I can recommend from personal experience. Enjoy your first season with your Airstream!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

My wife and I are also going to Alumapalooza. We will be staying at a hotel we feel that this will be a very informative experience before we make our first Airstream purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
n9hox is offline   Reply With Quote